Meet Vietnam’s welcoming people and explore its natural and cultural treasures
With great food, lush scenery and lots of warm, friendly locals, the whole family will fall in love with Vietnam. Sail beautiful Halong Bay. Delight at water puppets in Hanoi. Learn about rich emperors in Hue. Get a new outfit tailor-made in Hoi An. Maybe even take a dip in the Vietnam East Sea. With so much to share and do together, you'll experience the culture, flavours, and highlights of a Vietnamese adventure your family will always remember.
Make your dream trip a reality with discounts ranging up to 30% off your next Intrepid adventure.Terms & Conditions
A cyclo tour of Hanoi is an excellent introduction to bustling inner-city Vietnam, and the novelty of travelling on these three-wheeled wonders is a thrill for all ages
There's a great mix of included activities and free time, which is perfect in atmospheric destinations like Hoi An, with the beach just a short bike ride away
Halong Bay is not only an amazing and unique natural wonder – it's a proper escape from the world around you. Sleep under the stars on a comfortable cruise boat and enjoy a sumptuous lunch and dinner on board
By dining at KOTO in Hanoi, you and your family will not only feast on dellicious northern specialties, you'll be supporting an excellent cause that helps connect street kids with careers in hospitality
One of the many advantages of group travel is the social aspect, and kids often have playmates, giving you a little more time to relax
This is Vietnam, so days are hot and sticky and nights can get quite cool! Be sure to wear layers, use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
You and your family will visit a number of temples on this trip, and it's important to respect the local custom. Arms and knees should be covered. A light scarf is a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Be prepared for basic shared facilities at your Mekong Delta homestay (Day 11). The lack of creature comforts is, of course, a small price to pay for such an authentic local experience.
Your overnight train journey from Hanoi to Hue (Day 4) is quite long. The upside is you'll wake up in a thrilling new destination and experience travelling like a local. Whilebedding is supplied some families opt to bring their own sleep sheets.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Vietnam Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age: 5 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport), for internal flights and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Day 3 (Overnight Boat), Day 4 (Sleeper Train) and Day 11 (Homestay) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
6. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
7. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm on Day 1 in Hanoi. This trip ends on Day 13 and you are free to leave at any time.
8. Tet is Vietnam's New Year festival, held annually in late January or early February based on the lunar calendar. While this can be a fascinating time to travel and experience this event, expect some shop closures and busier than usual local transport. Opening hours at some tourist sites may also be affected or closed. Although we make all reasonable efforts to avoid disruption, a flexible approach from the traveler is appreciated.
9. During the rainy months (approx. June to October), our mode of transport can be changed at short notice due to weather conditions.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information