Explore the best hiking trails with a trip leader who knows all the best spots in the Rocky Mountain National Park of Colorado with this 5-day walking and trekking trip. From fields of wildflowers and glacier cirques to expansive lakes, volcanoes and waterfalls, this is a nature-lover’s paradise! You’ll explore the Colorado Rockies each day, from a comfortable inn-style base, and take on winding trails at high altitudes. Walk among the alpine forest to The Alpine Ridge visitor centre viewpoint overlooking Colorado River, then delight at the beauty of Calypso Cascades, Ouzel Falls and Lake, Bluebird Lake, Glacier Gorge, Mills Lake, Jewel Lake, Black Lake, Andrews Glacier, Storm Peak, Longs Peak, Chiefs Head mountains and the famed Chasm Lake.
Dates and availability
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 30 days out from departure. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. You will meet your guide and group in Estes Park, Colorado at 8:30 AM the first day of the trip (if staying in Denver, Estes Park Shuttle offers a 5:00-8:00 am shuttle). Your guide will be in contact approximately 2 weeks before your trip and will specify the exact location of the orientation meeting at that point. This trip will conclude at approximately 5:00 PM on the last day.
7. We recommend guests arrive in Estes Park (or another nearby location that is 7500′ or higher) 1-2 days before your trip starts. This will help you acclimatize to the higher elevation, and make for a more enjoyable experience during your tour. This is especially important if you have never been to higher altitude, or are flying in from sea level.
8. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.