With a stay in the heart of the jungle, plenty of pisco sours and some hot and heavy hiking on the Inca Trail, this trip is 15 days of exploring, drinking, eating and sweating (nobody said the trail would be easy, but boy is it worth it). Experience the real Amazon in a proper jungle lodge, follow in the footsteps of ancient people on the Inca Trail to Wonder of the World Machu Picchu (sure to be a highlight of your life!) and stay with a local family who live in a mud-brick house on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Hit the nightlife in Cusco, sail down the Amazon River in the pitch-black of night (look out for jaguars) and experience a real I’m-so-far-from-home moment with this epic trek through Peru to Bolivia.
Dates and availability
1. While hiking the four-day Inca Trail or the three-day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid travellers.Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavour to secure a permit for you.
If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply. See intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru for more.
2. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the 'Passport and Visas' section of the Essential Trip Information.
3.A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2 and 3 (Amazon Jungle), Days 6, 7 and 8 (Camping) and Day 12 (Lake Titicaca, Homestay) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4.Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for bus, train, or flights tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
5. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
6. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion starts in February, you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
7. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating