Encounter South America at its best on an unforgettable adventure
The very best of South America awaits on an immersive Premium adventure. In 33 unforgettable days you’ll marvel at the landscapes of Colca Canyon, venture into the wild heart of the Amazon and stand in awe of Machu Picchu. Step out and stroll the inspiring streets of Santiago, sip the world’s best wine in Mendoza, dine and dance with the locals in Buenos Aires, soak in the spectacle of Iguazu Falls then get swept up in the magic of Rio de Janeiro. Experience an unfiltered look at everyday life and enjoy expert local knowledge every step of the way.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Get to know the real South America as you travel with a local leader, stay in a lodge run by the indigenous Ese Eja people, visit a local community in the Sacred Valley and interact with the Guarani community near Iguazu Falls.
Take your taste buds on a trip with Exclusive Experiences, including bodega tastings in Santiago, an expert-lead winery tour in Mendoza, lunch at the Gastromotiva social enterprise in Rio and home-cooked pachamanca lunch in the Sacred Valley.
Experience the best of each country with three fantastic Feature Stays. Enjoy a spectacular location next to the Colca River, sleep in a historical house in downtown Santiago and soak up Art Nouveau elegance in Buenos Aires.
Delight in a full day of wildlife activities in the Amazon, two guided visits to Machu, a boat tour uncovering the diverse wildlife of the Ballestas Islands and two days marvelling at the mighty Iguazu Falls.
Elevate your adventure with memorable Exclusive Experiences, including scenic 360 train journey to Machu Pichu, tango lesson in Buenos Aires and insider’s day tour of the El Tigre Delta.
Due to the high altitude of the places we visit some people can suffer altitude sickness, regardless of age, gender or fitness. It even happened to Sir Edmund Hillary! Please see the ‘Medical and Health Information’ section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
Visitors are not permitted to explore Machu Picchu without a Machu Picchu guide (not our trip leaders) and must follow set routes within the site. This trip includes two guided visits of Machu Picchu and each visit is approximately 1.5 - 2 hours long. Your leader will provide more information to ensure you get the most out of your visits to this incredible site.
There are a couple of long drives on this trip, in particular on Days 8 and 11. These journeys are by private vehicle and although they may be a little tiring, they're a great chance to sit back and enjoy the passing scenery and chat to your fellow travellers.
During the colder months, usually between April and October, the border crossing between Chile and Argentina may be closed due to snowfalls. In that event, your emergency funds may be needed to purchase a flight between Santiago and Mendoza. Please see the 'Money matters' section of the Essential Trip Information for more details.
According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
Travellers who choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), will not follow the same routes within Machu Picchu. This means that you may not be able to have photos together, overlooking Machu Picchu. This applies to travellers on the same booking or separate bookings. It is possible for passengers who have taken the train to join passengers who have done the Inca Trail on the 2nd visit of Machu Picchu, by repeating the guided tour. If you are interested in this option, you must tell your sales agent when you book.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The flights from Lima through to Santiago have a luggage allowance of 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on. The flights from Mendoza through to Rio de Janeiro have a luggage allowance of 15kg for check in luggage and 5kg for carry on.
4. Full name exactly as per passport is required at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on the passport), for activity and transport bookings. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
5. This trip includes two visits to Machu Picchu, however you may choose to book the 1-day Inca Trail hike on Day 14 (additional surcharge required). This optional activity is subject to permit availability. Please contact your booking agent if you would like to book this activity. Please refer to Day 14 of the itinerary for details of the hike. It is possible for passengers who have taken the train to join passengers who have done the Inca Trail on the 2nd visit of Machu Picchu, by repeating the guided tour. If you are interested in this option, tell your sales agent when you book.
6. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
7. The GGPNC230921 departure will feature 1 night in Arequipa and 2 nights in the Colca Canyon due to a mining conference.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information