Discover East Africa travelling from Victoria Falls to Nairobi
Experience the incredible African wild as you explore from Victoria Falls on to Nairobi – with incredible sights as a stunning backdrop to your journey. Learn about the animals that call this part of the world home on game drives though the Serengeti, explore some of the world’s most pristine wildlife reserves and enjoy the friendly welcome that you’ll receive as you make your way across the vast open plains. Visit the spice island of Zanzibar and explore the cobbled streets of Stone Town, and then get off the beaten track in the lush green of the Usambara Mountains. Find the real heart of Africa on this once-in-a-lifetime journey.
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as view them from the Zimbabwe side
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A Unesco World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Partake in community activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas
Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino.
At Usambara Mountains the group will do an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
There are many optional activities on this trip. Please take this into consideration when budgeting for this trip.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Cape Town to Kenya trip.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please see your booking agent for further information.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Nairobi on Day 28. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm this evening.
Our Vic Falls to Kenya trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews in the last year.
Africa is beautiful! Go with an open mind, a willingness to travel long days and prepared to have some fun! The crew I travelled with (Victor, Henly and Ben) were absolutely amazing and anyone would be so lucky to be able to travel with them. My trip was nothing but positive and I would highly recommend!
Review submitted 31 Jan 2018
This trip offers an excellent opportunity to travel through East Africa, with a very good balance of both cultural and wildlife experiences. The game drives were breath taking, with a wealth of animals to see in their natural environments. I would highly recommend the hot air balloon experience in the Serengeti which was pure magic!
Review submitted 27 Jul 2017