SAMA & The Intrepid Foundation
The Intrepid Foundation (TIF) was created to use traveller donations to invest in vital grassroots projects in the regions in which we operate. Since opening doors in 2002, TIF has distributed much needed funds to more than 75 not-for-profit organisations in over 25 countries, as well as supporting a number of international non-government organisations and disaster appeals.
With SAMA achieving such wonderful fundraising and advocacy success in 2012, we made a decision to aim even higher this year by throwing SAMA’s support behind several TIF projects. The following projects were identified as suitable SAMA beneficiaries in 2013, for their gender, women’s health or education focus:
- Mavi Kalem, Turkey
- Deepalaya, India
- Blue Dragon Children’s Home, Vietnam
- Village Education Project, Tanzania
- Roupa Souja Favela Project, Brazil
- Casa Sito Rural Education Program, Guatemala
- Bumi Sehat Maternal Health, Indonesia
- Ptea Teuk Dong
- The Fred Hollows Foundation Indigenous Women’s Project, Australia
Stay tuned for details about how you can get involved or follow us on Facebook.