Peru and Bolivia are both lands of the epic and that which must be seen to be believed. This 25-day odyssey takes you to the world’s highest-navigable lake (Titicaca), the world’s largest tropical rainforest (the Amazon), the world’s highest administrative capital (La Paz) and the world’s largest salt flats (Uyuni). It also includes the chance to trek the Inca Trail before emerging above Machu Picchu, which isn’t actually a world-record holder but probably should be for ‘best ancient city in the clouds’. In between the gasps you can ramble through markets, sipping Pisco sours and munching ceviche with locals.
Dates and availability
1.Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you.
If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Quarry Trail.
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
2 .A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Day 2,3 (Amazon Jungle),Day 12 (Homestay), Days 17,18 (Salar de Uyuni & Desierto Siloli) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3.The excursion to Uyuni salt lake is on shared basis and your group size may be larger than 12 travelers.
4.Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the 'Passport and Visa' section of the Essential Trip Information for details.
5.This trip is a combination of two of our most popular departures. As such the make-up of your group and your tour leader may change on day 14.
6. While hiking the four-day Inca Trail or the three-day Quarry Trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
7. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance fees to certain sites. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
8. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness.
Please read the following document carefully and, during your trip, utilize the table on the back daily to record your own perspective of your general health and any symptoms you may experience: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/altitude-sickness
9. While our leaders have basic first aid training and are aware of the closest medical facilities, it is very important that you are aware of the cause and effects of travelling at altitude, monitor your health and seek assistance accordingly.
10. Most hotels in highlands should have oxygen cylinders available, however, you may be asked to pay surcharge for use of oxygen longer than 5 - 10 min at the time.
11. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
12. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating