Journey from South Africa to Kenya
Travel from coast to coast and through the heart of southern Africa on an epic overland journey that will show you iconic sights and hidden gems as you travel through African nations rich in natural beauty, history, culture and tradition. Begin in beautiful Cape Town and voyage through desert landscapes, rolling savannas and lush mountainscapes; cruise lakes, delta waterways and feel the spray of massive waterfalls; spend time getting to know locals in rural villages and enjoying the rhythms of buzzing cities. From game drives in national parks full of iconic African animals to enjoying the simple pleasure of lying on a pristine beach, this grand journey though Africa is the perfect way to discover everything that makes this part of the world so special.
Scramble to the top of one of the world's highest sand dunes in Sesriem
Glide down Botswana's Okavango Delta on a mokoro
Hear the roar of the mighty Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe viewpoint
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater and the savanna of the Serengeti in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino & the Big 5.
We use mokoros (small dugout canoes) to pass through the shallow waterways of the Okavango Delta to get to our campsite for the night.
At Usambara Mountains the group will do an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
There are many optional activities on this trip. Please take this into consideration when budgeting for this trip.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. A single supplement is available on all nights of this tripm except for nights 7 to 9 in Swakopmund, subject to availability.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 3 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Victoria Falls and Stone Town as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Nairobi on Day 49. Please do not book any flights until after 10pm this evening.
Our Cape Town to Kenya trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews in the last year.
This trip was fantastic, and anyone having reservations about going to Africa should not worry and just go!. Africa is beautiful and seeing it by driving through the continent was a great way!
Review submitted 21 Sep 2018
I like to travel solo but if a trip is a bit too far out of my comfort zone or I just dont have time to plan then Intrepid is my go to travel company. I have traveled basic, original, and comfort and found each to deliver as expected.
Review submitted 21 Jul 2018