Natural beauty and outdoor adventure go hand in hand in the Sierra Nevada
California’s Sierra Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions are a mecca for lovers of the great outdoors. Come and discover mountains entwined with biking trails, walking tracks coursing through forests and a crystal-clear lake that’s asking to be explored. Whether you’re on two feet, two wheels or in a kayak, this 5-day adventure will reveal the most magnificent sights of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding landscapes. With a local leader to show you what they love about this part of the world, it won’t be long until Sierra Nevada has you under its spell.
Our biggest sale of the year has been extended! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book by 3 December.Terms & Conditions
Combining the best cycling, hiking and kayaking experiences that the Sierra Nevada’s has to offer, this adventure is sure to get your heart pumping (and that’s just from the views!).
Navigate the beautiful crystal-clear waters of Lake Tahoe in a transparent kayak, paddling past the famous formations of Cave Rock, grandiose lakefront estates and coves shimmering with pyrite.
Jump on a mountain bike to traverse Tahoe’s most spectacular trails, climbing through forests, past peaceful lakes and taking in showstopping views at every turn.
Pay a visit to Truckee, a little town with a big history, and explore the old train tunnels of the Donner Pass as your leader shares the story of the region.
Hike a magnificent trail through the El Dorado National Forest, taking in unbeatable views of Lake Tahoe, Fallen Leaf Lake and the Carson Range.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This is an active trip, and it consists of hiking, cycling and water-based activities. Whilst previous experience in hiking and kayaking or rafting isn’t essential, your ability to cycle is. Sturdy footwear is recommended for the hikes
Equipment hire is included in your trip price, bikes, helmets, and all water sport gear. Bike helmets are compulsory to wear during all rides.
Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Sierra Nevada: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 9AM on Day 1. Please make your own way to the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. You are expected to arrive back in San Francisco on the last day around 6pm at the same location as the joining point. There is no accommodation included on the last day in San Francisco.
3. If you wish to spend more time in the city we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
4. A single supplement is available if you'd prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. We will require your height at the time of booking to ensure we reserve you the right size bike.
6. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information