Explore Arizona’s Red Rock Country on an action-packed adventure
Combine cycling, hiking and kayaking with dramatic deserts, sacred canyons, flowing rivers, and accommodation in a town surrounded by six different wilderness areas. See the best of Sedona on daily biking, hiking and kayaking adventures which take in the natural beauty and First Nations history of the area. With great weather and incredible rock formations, Red Rock Country offers an easy network of trails with some of the best views you’ll find anywhere. Add the capital of Arizona as the perfect jumping off point for your tour and you’ve got the perfect active adventure.
Stretch your legs on two wheels on a guided mountain bike ride along one of the most extensive, best-connected trails systems in the USA.
Hike along two of the most sacred canyons in the Red Rock Country where you’ll learn about the architecture and daily life of the Sinagua People.
Take a guided kayaking trip on the Verde River which has easy-to-navigate rapids and plenty of wildlife to spot along the way.
Marvel at the well-preserved Montezuma Castle which was declared one of America’s first National Monuments by President Roosevelt in the early 1900s.
This is an action-packed itinerary, and a moderate level of fitness will help you get the most out of all the included activities. You must be confident in the water for canoeing and swimming. All equipment and safety gear is provided. Whilst previous experience in hiking and kayaking or rafting isn’t essential, your ability to cycle is. Sturdy footwear is recommended for the hikes.
Equipment hire is included in your trip price, bikes, helmets, and all water sport gear. Bike helmets are compulsory to wear during all rides.
Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Sedona: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip begins at 9am on Day 1 in Phoenix.
2. This trip finishes around 2 pm on Day 5 in Phoenix.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Accommodation is not included on day 5 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
5. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
6. The included bikes on this trip are front suspension mountain bikes. You may have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) - this must be requested at the time of booking.
7. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. Please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
8. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information