Discover a world of spice and splendour on a fitness trip through Sri Lanka.
Ride through tea plantations, canoe down rivers, and hike to ancient fortresses on this fitness focused adventure from Negombo to Colombo. Sri Lanka is gaining traction as one of Asia’s most exciting new destinations and it’s not hard to see why. With pristine coastline, ancient ruins, rugged peaks and wildlife-filled national parks, it’s a dream for travellers who like to get active. Explore the country’s premier Hindu and Buddhist sites while wandering through the wilds on this Sri Lankan experience.
Witness ritual devotion in the spiritual heart of the country during an evening puja at Kandy’s Temple of the Tooth.
Spot birdlife and watch as Sri Lanka's forested landscape shifts with the flow of the Kaluganga River on a three-day canoeing expedition.
Encounter Sri Lanka's rich plant life while hiking through the Knuckles Mountain Range, so named for it's fist-like appearance.
Soothe sore muscles while relaxing on Mt Lavinia's 'Golden Mile' of incredible beaches.
Visit Sigiriya's ancient carved-rock fortress, which rises dramatically above the surrounding plains.
This trip requires a good level of fitness.
All travellers will need to be competent swimmers to take part in the kayaking section of this trip.
Sri Lanka gets hot and humid, drink plenty of water and remember a good quality hat and sun block.
Read more about what it's like travelling on this trip here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/active-sri-lanka-tour-with-int...
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Sri Lanka: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip and is valid for all nights of tour with the exception of nights camping or in guesthouses.
2. In the wet season, we occasionally need to alter the length and itinerary of the outdoor activities due to ground conditions.
3. The Perahera Festival is a 10 day period of evening processions to honour the Sacred Tooth, which is enshrined at Kandy's Temple of the Tooth. Each night features thousands of perfomers, including dancers, drummers, and a parade of more than 50 decorated elephants. Due to Intrepid's stance on elephant cruelty we do not visit the Perahera Festival and cannot purchase tickets on your behalf.
5. A single supplement is available on this trip and is applicable for all nights with the exception of nights 3 and 4 while camping in the Knuckles Ranges and night 9 and 10 while canoeing on the Kalugaga River.
4. You do not need to bring a sleeping bag or sleeping mat. Your luggage will transported by vehicle and will meet you at the camp site.
Our Sri Lanka: Hike, Bike & Kayak trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews in the last year.
An amazing trip. Would highly recommend for those wanting a genuine Sri Lankan experience...amazing food, insight into local culture and history, beautiful scenery and wonderful days hiking, biking and kayaking.
Review submitted 12 Sep 2018