Cycle on, and alongside, the Camino de Santiago on a pilgrimage ride over mountains and through the gorgeous Galician countryside.
Cycle over 300 kilometres on a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. Starting in the city of Leon, you’ll ride through small villages and cities in the footsteps (kind of) of Saint James. Tackle flats, undulating terrain and mountainous climbs and share a one-of-a-kind experience with the multitude of pilgrims on foot. Trade stories, break bread and drink wine with people all over the world before arriving in Santiago, where the atmosphere and sense of achievement swells from all corners of the city.
Share a true cycling pilgrimage along the famed Camino de Santiago.
Cycle through the gorgeous Galician countryside, from rolling hills to green tree-lined plains.
Avoid dawdling through the less interesting parts of the Camino as it's always faster by bike!
Due to the often small trails that we cycle on, this cycling trip does not have a support vehicle with you at all times - your luggage will be transported for you each day but you will need to carry anything you require for the day with you.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short (the longest ride is only 70 kilometres), the stunning terrain of Galacia is naturally hilly, and the climate is warm so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip.
As our riding is done on a mixture of sealed roads and gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required. Given there will be hills, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trips begins.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way, a puncture here and there, but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
You'll be spending your nights in guesthouses all the way with a basic level of comfort, but they'll always be authentic and a great opportunity to interact with the locals and fellow travellers alike.
The weather in this region can be varied depending on the season. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Camino de Santiago trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Due to the often small trails that we cycle on, this cycling trip does not have a support vehicle with you at all times - your luggage will be transported for you each day but you will need to carry anything you require for the day with you.
2. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
6. This a new trip for 2019. While we have thoroughly researched every detail of the itinerary we sometimes find it's necessary to make small changes after the first few trips have run. Changes are always based on feedback from past travellers and our ground staff. For Cycling trips these changes are usually around finding even better roads to ride on, which can alter the distance/time we spend riding on a day to day basis, but can sometimes even extend to accommodation or included activities if needed.