Travel from Cuzco to Lima to discover the Inca secrets of Peru.
Visit South America and travel through Peru from Cuzco to Lima. Uncover ancient mysteries and discover the rich culture of this unique corner of the globe. Starting in Cuzco, the heart and soul of Peru, this exceptional Overland adventure includes an unforgettable trek through spectacular Andean scenery taking in ancient ruins and stopping at remote villages. Behold the awe-inspiring ruins of Machu Picchu before spending a night with a Raqchi family and visiting the enormous Colca Canyon. Be enchanted by the dazzling buildings of Arequipa, marvel at the mysterious Nazca Lines and soak up the breathtaking scenery of Paracas National Reserve before ending the journey in lively Lima. This incredible adventure is the perfect way to discover the hidden charms and spectacular natural beauty of this sensational country.
This trip requires Inca Trail Permits. View permit availability here.
Admire Cuzco's Spanish and Inca influences
Follow Peru's ancient Inca paths
Watch the sun rise over Machu Picchu
Experience Peruvian hospitality during a homestay
Survey the vast Colca Canyon
Marvel at the Nazca Lines
Cruise around the Ballestas Islands
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cuzco to Lima trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip is run by our experienced overland partner Dragoman.
2. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
3. At the time of booking you need to choose whether you wish to hike the Classic Inca Trail or Dragoman’s Wild Andes Trek (https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/wild-andes-trek). If you do not indicate a preference, Wild Andes Trek will be confirmed automatically.
Classic Inca Trail permits are sold on a request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavour to secure a permit for you. If Classic Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you will be booked on Wild Andes Trek instead.
The Classic Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Wild Andes Trek
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
4. Please be aware that while hiking the Inca trek or the Quarry trek that you may be joined by passengers from other Intrepid & Geckos groups.
On June 30th Peruvian authorities released a new list of regulations for visiting Machu Picchu, which came into effect from July 1st. The main points impacting our visits are:
1. There is now a time limit to visit the citadel. Morning visitors must exit the site by 12pm and afternoon visitors by 4.30pm
2. Visitors must complete a designated circuit, in one direction only. Exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted and, upon completion, visitor must exit the site. There is no allowance for personal exploration of the site any longer.
Overall we support these changes as they help preserve this invaluable archaeological site. While this somehow restricts the amount of time we are now allowed to spend in Machu Picchu, we’ll do all possible to maximise your time there and make sure you have the best possible experience.
Our Cuzco to Lima trips score an average of 4.2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews in the last year.
Would definitely recommend an Intrepid trip to anyone looking for a holiday a bit 'off the beaten track'. Awesome guides and a focus on gaining local knowledge and exposure to new cultures.
Review submitted 29 Jun 2016