Magnificent wildlife and otherworldly landscapes await in Botswana and Namibia
From ethereal landscapes to rich wildlife, experience the best of Botswana and Namibia on a 17-day Premium adventure. Look out for wildlife in Chobe National Park, cruise down the Chobe River, hang out with a family of meerkats and admire the curious beauty of the Makgadikgadi Pans. Marvel at the desert landscapes of Swakopmund and Sossusvlei, uncover petrified forests in Damaraland and search for animals in the vast Etosha National Park. With the guidance of experienced local leaders along the way, discover two remarkable countries that will leave you in awe.
Packed full of animal viewing opportunities, enjoy game drives, guided nature walks and boat cruises in Etosha National Park, the Boteti River and the iconic Chobe National Park.
Enjoy two magnificent Feature Stays – a perfectly positioned camp on the Namibian banks of the Chobe River, and a lodge in the Naukluft Mountains offering views of the ethereal desert landscape.
Climb the iconic Dune 45, visit the Damara Living Museum, explore the Deadvlei Salt Pans and Sesriem Canyon, and enjoy an Exclusive Experience nature drive through Sesriem’s desert.
Uncover the unique beauty of the Makgadikgadi Pans during an Exclusive Experience – a 4x4 excursion through the sprawling landscape, stopping for drinks and snacks as the sun goes down.
Enjoy Exclusive Experiences at the Boteti River, including morning and night game drives and a guided nature walk on a private conservancy. Here, lions, leopards and wild dogs are regular visitors.
This itinerary features some long travel days, which can be exacerbated by bumpy African roads. Please review the approximate durations of travel listed throughout the itinerary.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you'd prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip;and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
4. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.
5. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict as travel rebounds. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information