Get the very best of Rajasthan on this memorable Northern India adventure.
If you asked our tour leaders where they would most like to go to in Rajasthan, this special tour would be it! The magic of Rajasthan can best be experienced by being a guest in some very special places and recipient to timeless Rajput hospitality. Overnight stays in ornate 'havelis' and historic palaces that are now heritage hotels enable us to sample the lifestyle of a maharaja, surrounded by opulence and grace. Visits to villages allow us to connect with the local people who in some cases still live a way of life that has changed little in centuries. The fabled cities of Agra - home to the magnificent Taj Mahal, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaipur will impress with their grandeur, whilst Karauli, Bundi, Bijapur and Dera Kharwa will entice with their romance and rich cultural legacies. We also seek out India's exotic wildlife, including the magnificent tiger, on an adventure to Ranthambhore National Park. This is indeed the Rajasthan of your dreams!
Experience Rajput hospitality, and feel culture and history all around you during your feature stay in a 15th-century fortified palace
The opportunity to contrast the exciting chaos of the big cities with the different pace of life and local traditions of remote villages
Discover the rich history and architecture of the impressive Forts scattered across the province, and how the Taj Mahal, one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, still has the power to surprise even the most experienced travellers
The chance to get closer to India’s exotic wildlife, and perhaps catch more than a glimpse of its elusive animal king, the magnificent tiger, in Ranthambhore National Park
Feel like true royalty during your feature stay at Bhanwar Vilas Palace
Rajasthan is a desert state and so it’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening. Layers are the best way to tackle this disparity in weather.
Many Heritage hotels are preserved in their original state and so offer a unique accommodation experience, but for this reason the facilities they offer are not the same as standard hotels.
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take up to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
This is an adventurous Peregrine trip with more travelling days to ensure that we can cover more ground, visit more sites and stay in many and varied Heritage stays.
From April 2017, the main dome of the Taj Mahal will undergo mud pack therapy to restore its original colour. It is expected the dome will be covered in iron scaffolding during the process which is expected to last a year.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Rajasthan Revealed trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Peregrine requires a copy of your scanned passport bio page at time of booking to complete bookings for Ranthambhore National Park visit.
2. A single supplement is available for this trip and is applicable for all nights on tour.
3. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made in cash - INR/USD/AUD/GBP only please
Flights are subject to weather conditions and tickets are fully refundable.
4. The main dome on the Taj Mahal will undergo mud pack therapy due to begin in late 2017. It is likely the entire dome will be obscured by iron scaffolding. Portions of the white marble façade will be covered in mud and plastic sheets during the cleaning process. The restorations will be carried out in sections and the work on the dome is expected to last one year.
5. An airport transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at time of booking.