Easter is a great time to travel to almost anywhere: the days are getting longer and the northern hemisphere generally sees warm, pleasant days – perfect for activity breaks in Europe or a cultural holidays in the Middle East. If your family are looking to head a little further afield then why not try South America? It is also a great time to visit South Africa before the winter sets in.
Perfect time to visit South America, Nepal, Southern Africa and China
Hot and sunny
- Costa Rica and Brazil are great at this time of year with lower humidity, fewer crowds and cooler weather. The children can volunteer at a turtle conservation project, zip wire through the cloudforest and bathe in thermal waters.
- To the west of South America lie the weird and wonderful islands of the Galapagos. Easter sees the beginning of the mating season for land birds and sea lions, with the sea turtles nesting on the beaches ready to lay their eggs. This is a great time to visit with the flowers in bloom, a calmer ocean perfect for diving with dolphins and watching the intrigues of the mating dance.
- Back in the East, Nepal brings warm weather which is fabulous for trekking through the Himalayas, taking an elephant-back safari in search of Rhinos and reaching Everest Base Camp.
- Over the border into China, you”ll find the beginnings of spring, warm days and dramatic imperial history; visit the terracotta army, walk the Great Wall and meet Giant Pandas.
- South Africa, Botswana and Namibia are also fantastic locations at Easter so why not take advantage of the dry weather and head out on safari.