Get active on an eight-day European cycling adventure from Prague to Vienna
Get your wheels moving on a cycling adventure through the Central European countryside, all the way from picturesque Prague to classic Vienna. This eight-day active trip meanders its way past medieval villages perched on the hillside and hugs the mighty Danube River. With delicious regional food, great wine, and a knowledgeable leader to guide you along the way, you’ll be seeing the best of the region with the wind blowing through your hair.
Take an active adventure through Central Europe, cycling leafy paths from the bohemian centre of Prague to the classical vibe of Vienna.
Ride alongside the mighty Danube River downstream, passing by romantic riverside castles, picturesque villages and lowland forests surrounding the banks.
Take the opportunity to head on an optional brewery tour at the original home of Budweiser: Ceske Budejovice.
Marvel at the spires and dome of Melk Abbey, perched on a rocky outcrop high above the waters of the Danube.
The perfect mix of cosmopolitan cities, picture postcard towns and traffic-free cycling paths await, with local knowledge to get the best out of each European destination.
Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads and – along the Danube River – dedicated bike paths with the occasional gravel section, there are no technical cycling skills required.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
As there are potholes and cobblestones in many European cities, it's recommended that you leave any wheelie bags/cases at home and bring a backpack instead. As this is an eight-day trip, a large backpack should be enough to carry all of your belongings.
As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, solo travellers will share a room with other travellers of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can. Please note that a single supplement is available on this trip. Space is at a premium in Europe and your hotel is no exception. Rooms are often small, but usually the central location makes up for that. For those travelling as a duo, hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together. In some cases, bathroom facilities will be shared rather than ensuite.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
5. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed bookiing. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information