From cities to beaches to mountains, see the best of all terrains in Mexico and Guatemala.
From the white sands of Playa del Carmen to the thick green jungle of Guatemala, this trip will show you landscapes so beautiful you might understand why the ancient civilisations who once ruled here worshipped gods of nature. Speaking of ancient civilisations, this journey will have you exploring the cities and monuments they left behind. Scramble over the jungle-swallowed ruins of Tikal and tour the sprawling temples of Chichen Itza, all with local guides who can give you insight into what it all means.
Eat your feelings in Oaxaca, where produce is fresh and food is a part of history – like the mezcal made in traditional distilleries.
The bight yellow façade of the Convento de San Antonio de Padua disguises its complicated history as the site of a former Maya temple, destroyed in 1561.
See the sunrise over the towering Tikal National Park, here temples peek from behind verdant forest.
Kayak on a lake sheltered by volcanos in Panajachel.
This trip involves some long days of travel by private and local transport, including one overnight bus. While this can be tiring, it's also a fantastic way to rub shoulders with the locals and get under the skin of a place.
Mexico's climate is sultry and tropical, so can get really hot and humid. Wear loose clothing and make sure stay hydrated, especially while out on walking tours.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. To have a private room on this trip, a single supplement is bookable; subject to availability.
3. For the included internal flight ticket, please provide your full name exactly as per passport, at the time of booking or at least 45 days prior to travel.
4. To save you money and the hassle of booking multiple trips, this journey is a combination of some of our most popular adventures. Your leader and the composition of your group may change with the start of each adventure.
5. As this is a combination trip, the flight from Cancun Airport to Guatemala City Airport on Day 15 is not included in the tour cost and it must be purchased separately. When booking this flight, keep in mind there will be a group meeting at 6 pm in Antigua on this day so we recommend arriving prior to this.
6. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
7. Complimentary airport arrival and departure transfers are included mid-trip to help ease your independent connections throughout the combination trip. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
- An airport departure transfer is included to Cancun Airport
- An airport arrival transfer is included from Guatemala City Airport
8. Please be careful when booking flights to/from Antigua; make sure you fly into/out of Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do NOT book flights to/from Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
9. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.