Travel to the heart of Australia
Soak up the spirit of the land on this three-day journey into the Red Centre. Admire the incredible formations of Kings Canyon and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), watch the sun set over Uluru, and learn about the local traditions of the First Peoples of Australia from your Leader. This is a journey boasting magical landscapes, incredible natural beauty, ancient culture and unforgettable experiences.
From 15 October 2018 this trip will be called Uluru Camping Getaway. There are no changes to the itinerary or trip code.
Fly in and out of Yulara, saving you hundreds of KM driving between Alice Springs and Yulara
This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback
Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
This is a 'no frills' Basix trip. Camping is in permenant tents with swags and sleeping bags
Temperatures in the Red Centre can be extreme. During the day the weather can be very hot (and the Australian sun is very strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so bring base layers and warm clothing.
This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
On most days of the trip, you’ll spend several hours driving through very sparse areas of desert. Crank up the tunes and sit back to enjoy landscapes that you would miss in any other form of travel.
Group participation makes up a lot of this trip, so you'll be required to help with preparation of meals and cleaning up. These are the kind of tasks that bring a group closer together.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Rock to Rock trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Default pick up point is Desert Gardens Hotel at approximately 1:00pm on Day 1. Pick up times may vary at different times of the year
2. For the Kings Canyon Rim Walk it is a requirement that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water with you. Please consider bringing your own refillable water bottles.
3. Tour finishes at Desert Gardens hotel at approximately 12:00 on Day 3. Any flights booked to depart before 12:30 will require a compulsory transfer fee.
4. This tour requires a sleeping bag. You may bring your own or pre-purchase a sleeping bag from us at time of booking.
5. Please note there is no single supplement is available for this trip
6. From 1 April this trip will be called Uluru Camping Getaway. There are no changes to the itinerary or trip code.
Our Rock to Rock trips score an average of 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 reviews in the last year.
Read the trip notes carefully to ensure the trip is right for you.
Review submitted 07 Sep 2018