With six mountain ranges and 93 percent untrammelled wilderness, California's Death Valley National Park—one of the largest national parks in the United States—is best discovered in a pair of hiking boots. Explore canyons, vast dune fields, ancient lava flows, high alpine forests, scenic mountains, and the rich history of the American West as you spend your days hiking the park’s extraordinarily diverse landscapes. At night, rest easy at your basecamp and enjoy delicious dinners by campfire before retiring to your tent under a blanket of stars. Join us for this Death Valley trip of a lifetime.
Dates and availability
1. Please note this trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 30 days out from departure. We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
2. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, a pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM the day before the trip starts at Tuscany Suites and Casino Hotel in Las Vegas. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel the next morning for transport to Death Valley. This trip will conclude at approximately 5:00 PM on the last day in Las Vegas.
7. A single tent is provided to all solo travelers at no extra cost.
Operations for this trip originate in Utah so Utah sales tax is applicable. This tax is already included in the advertised trip price.