Journey through Tanzania and Kenya on an adventure to Nairobi
Cross the stunning scenery of Tanzania - full of incredible wildlife and fascinating cultures - on this East African adventure. From the pristine beaches of Zanzibar, across the lush slopes of the Usambara Mountains, and through the teeming wildlife of Ngorongoro Crater and the endless Serengeti, discover a land where elephants roam, lions hunt and the people welcome you to the heart of Africa.
Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and receive a guided tour of the spice plantations
Explore the home of the Big Five beasts of Africa – the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other
Hang with local mamas in Arusha preparing a local Swahili dish before being a guest into their home.
Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4x4 for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros
Accompanied by a local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure
Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You will be briefed as a group on arrival.
At Usambara Mountains, you'll hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint. It's not overly strenuous, but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Our purpose-built overland trucks allow for excellent game-viewing, equipped with large sliding windows. They have no air-conditioning, however, so they can get dusty and hot.
The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land!
This is a participatory camping trip, so you will be expected to help out with the day-to-day. Embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip. To see what you're missing out on check out our Vic Falls to Kenya trip.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. A single Supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 2 pm on day 1.
3. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
4. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town as some group members leave.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Nairobi on Day 12. Please do not book any flights until after 10 pm this evening.
Our Zanzibar to Nairobi trips score an average of 4.83 out of 5 based on 23 reviews in the last year.
Long travel days. Pillow case for jacket (great pillow) ear plugs. Open ventilation flap top of tent inside for ventilation & to stop condensation. Gloves for tent hooks. Power Bank for phones & camera batteries. Head torch research! Get one that is rechargeable (not batteries) you need a decent one!
Review submitted 08 Sep 2018
Intrepid's tours are so well organised, and their local teams are great. I knew I was in safe hands, the itinerary was excellent and I can't wait to book my next trip with Intrepid.
Review submitted 04 Jul 2018