Uncover the wild heart of Kruger National Park on this short break adventure
Answer the call of the Kruger, South Africa's vast and famous game park that is simply teeming with Africa's most iconic creatures. This four-day safari puts you right in the thick of the park's grasslands and forests, filled with birdlife and big game. Keep an eye out for grazing elephants, giraffes and wildebeest from your safari vehicle and try to spot prowling lions and leopards at night. This might be a short adventure, but it's certainly an action-packed and memorable one.
Camp in pre-erected Dome tents with your own local field guide.
Take a memorable sunset safari in a private game reserve
Enjoy two full day game drives in the Kruger National Park
Relax by a camp fire under a starry African sky while listening to the sounds of the night
See the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and view the Three Rondavels on you return trip to Johanessburg
It is not uncommon for only you and your travel companions to be the only travellers stay at the camp. While it is very peaceful and relaxing there is not much to do once back at camp.
This itinerary starts and finishes in Johannesburg and includes 2 long travel days.
Our campsite is located in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve which is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem. It’s about a 25 minute drive to Kruger National Park’s Orpen Gate. On this itinerary you will have Game Drives in both the Kruger National Park and neighbouring Private Game Reserves.
This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 September 2016 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Wild Kruger Camping trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip departs early in the morning on day 1 and it is strongly recommended that you arrive at least one day prior.
2. You will be picked up on day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
3. If you require pick up from another centrally-located hotel in Johannesburg, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure.
4. This trip finishes upon arrival in Johannesburg on Day 4. Please do not book any flights until after 10pm this evening.
5. Please note that this trip requires a minimum of two depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. Please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.