Explore the wild plains of Kruger National Park and the cosmopolitan streets of Cape Town.
Enjoy an incredible African adventure on this journey from Kruger National Park to the rugged beauty of sophisticated Cape Town. Feel the thrill of spotting one (or more!) of Africa’s Big Five for the first time on a game drive, hear the trumpet of elephants across the plains and learn about the park’s unique ecosystem on a guided walk. Travel to bustling Joburg – a juxtaposing city of mansions and shantytowns – before travelling to the chic streets of Cape Town to learn about the city’s dramatic past. Immerse yourself in the culture, beauty and history of this astonishing region.
Save a space on your 2019 trip with only a €50 deposit until 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on a full day game drive
Take a drive along the Panoramic Route, some of the most stunning scenery South Africa has to offer, on a full day guided tour.
Relax in the lush environs of Stellenbosch with a glass of wine in hand after a city tour
Take in the beauty of Cape Town's coast while driving along the Cape Peninsula via Cape Point Nature Reserve and the Cape of Good Hope
This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide in Kruger and in Cape Town with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand. In some instances you will be with no other Intrepid travellers.
This itinerary starts in Johannesburg and includes 2 long travel days to and from Greater Kruger National Park.
Our lodge is located in the Guernsey Private Game Reserve which is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem. It’s about a 50 minute drive to Kruger National Park’s Orpen Gate. On this itinerary you will have Game Drives in both the Kruger National Park and neighbouring Private Game Reserves.
The transport to and from Kruger National Park will be in a 13-seater minivan. This is a shuttle service that departs daily. You may be sharing this shuttle ride with other travellers booked on different trips and itineraries to you.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kruger & Cape Town Short Break by Plane trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip departs early in the morning on day 1. It is strongly recommended that you arrive at least one day prior.
2. This trip is a combination of Intrepid's Short Break Adventures and you will not be accompanied by a tour leader. You will have local guides at the Lodge in Kruger and in Cape Town for your activities.
3. This trip includes an internal flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town on Day 6 and the flight will only be confirmed with full payment. Flights are non-refundable and non-changeable.
4. We will be using Mango or Kalula for the internal flight and the maximum checked in luggage is 20 kilos and one piece of hand baggage weighing up to 7kg per person.
5. A departure airport transfer is included on Day 11 of this short break adventure. Please ensure your arrival and departure flight details are provided to your Travel Agent at least 15 days prior to your departure.