Get ready for an adventure through Mexico and Costa Rica's wild heartlands
Mexico and Costa Rica are two sides of the same Aztec coin. Their unique histories, filled with ancient civilizations and conquests, runs deep, and both have emerged into the modern age as colourful, lively cities where you can just as easily stroll the ruins of Teotihuacan as wander the hidden jungles of Sarapiqui. Embark on a Central American adventure past brooding volcanoes, pounding waterfalls, and ruins stuffed with history. Lend a helping hand at a local farm, taste tequila in Guadalajara, salsa the night away in San Jose, and then unwind on the sizzling white sands of Quepos.
Stand at the foot of the mammoth Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan
Explore the historic streets of Mexico City on a walking tour of the city
Spend a day exploring the World Heritage-listed city of San Miguel de Allende
Take a tequila tasting tour in the heart of Guadalajara
See more butterflies than ever before at the El Rosario Monarch Butterfly Reserve
Explore the jungle in the Tortuguero National Park
Soak off the day in La Fortuna hot springs
Get close to the coalface at Arenal Volcano
Experience local life on a homestay in Santa Rosa de Pocosol
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. To save you money and the hassle of booking multiple trips, this journey is a combination of some of our most popular adventures. Your leader and the composition of your group may change with the start of each adventure.
4. As this is a combination trip, the flight from Mexico City to San Jose on Day 15 is not included in the tour cost and it must be purchased separately. When booking this flight, keep in mind there will be a group meeting at 6pm in San Jose on this day so we recommend arriving prior to this.
5. Complimentary mid-trip airport departure and arrival transfers are included to help ease your independent connections throughout the combination trip. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
- An airport departure transfer is included from Mexico City
- An airport arrival transfer is included in San Jose
6. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.