Experience nature on this Galapagos Islands expedition
The Galapagos Islands are home to some of the rarest animals on the planet and this trip gives the whole family a unique opportunity to learn about the biology and diversity of this paradise. Everyone will enjoy spotting the myriad animals in their natural environment as they graze, sleep and play on the beaches, mountains and rocks of the islands of Santa Cruz and San Cristobal. Snorkel beside sea lions, marvel at the plodding majesty of giant tortoises, spot frigatebirds, blue-footed boobies and Galapagos crabs, and keep an eye out for marine iguanas, whales, dolphins and sharks as you explore this natural paradise. You’ll experience (animal) life like never before together on this beautiful family-focused expedition to the Galapagos.
Make your dream trip a reality with discounts ranging up to 30% off your next Intrepid adventure.Terms & Conditions
Swimming beside sea lions is an incredible and surreal experience, and there are few better places to do so than Isla Lobos: home of the world's second largest sea lion colony.
You'll get to know the locals by staying in small hotels on the Galapagos islands, as well as exploring the islands and coves by boat.
Be surrounded by birds like blue-footed boobies and frigates, who land so close, and often have not even the slightest interest you're there!
Incredible photo opportunities await around every corner – not least of Kicker Rock, the marvellous twin volcanic peaks seen sitting in the ocean from the top of Cerro Tijeratas.
With spare time in Quito and Isla Santa Cruz, you can spend quality time with the family – perhaps with further hiking or visiting the colourful local markets.
This is a well-rounded family adventure, and there are many reasons to fall in love with the Galapagos Islands. That said, wildlife is the major focus of this trip, so it's especially suited to animal-lovers and birdwatchers.
There's a lot of boat travel between the various islands. If you're prone to seasickness or motion sickness, it might be wise to consult your doctor about preventative medication before you go.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Galapagos Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Ecuador has implemented COVID-19 testing requirements for entry to the country, including special conditions for Galapagos. Please refer to your government's foreign travel advice for the most up to date information.
3. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
4. Age restrictions apply to this trip: minimum age 5 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
5. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
6. This trip starts in Quito on Day 1 at 5 pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Quito.
This trip finishes upon arrival in Quito on Day 8. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm this evening.
7. GALAPAGOS PARK, TRANSIT CARD AND ISABELA PORT FEE
The Galapagos park fee (US$100), transit card fee (US$20) and Isabela Port fee (USD5) are payable upon arrival to the islands (cash only). This amount is in addition to your trip payment.
When booking, please ensure that your details are correct, and double check them on your documents prior to departure. If your passport does not match your booking details, you may be refused entrance to Galapagos National Park. Please make sure that your name is spelt correctly, and that you book using the name in your passport (particularly if you are recently married). If you are issued a new passport with a different number between the time that you book and the time you travel, please take both the old and new passports with you.
8. The Ecuadorian government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travelers entering Ecuador. Proof of insurance may be requested at upon entering the country by immigration officials, so please ensure you carry this with you.
9. Snorkelling equipment is included in this tour (mask & flippers). If you wish to hire a wetsuit this can be arranged locally for an additional cost.
10. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information