Explore Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan as you travel from Beijing to Istanbul
Get ready for a massive Overland adventure from the metropolitan mammoth of Beijing to Istanbul’s bustling bazaars. Travel through some of Asia’s most remote, wild and unique wildernesses along the legendary Silk Road from China. See Istanbul’s famous blue mosque; pass through Uzbekistan’s soaring mountain vistas; tour Xi’an’s famous Terracotta Warriors; and discover secluded sections of the snaking Great Wall of China. From Beijing to Baku and beyond, this adventure encompasses the very best of Central Asia and the Middle East. If you're longing for an epic overland odyssey, away from the tourist crowds, Beijing to Istanbul is just for you.
For a limited time, lock in your spot on a 2018 adventure with just €1!Terms & Conditions
Wander through Beijing’s Forbidden City
Explore the temple and pagoda studded Kongtong Mountain
Climb deserted sections of the Great Wall of China
Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an
Admire the Buddhist art at the Mogao Caves
Cross the infamous Torugart Pass from Kyrgyzstan to China
See the dramatic glaciers adorning the Ala Archa Canyon
Admire quaint Karakol
Meet local shepherds on a yurt stay
Explore the historic town of Bukhara
Walk the ancient walls of Khiva
Discover the romance of the Silk Road in Samarkand
Explore the hub of East and West in Istanbul
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2014 to 31 December 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Beijing to Istanbul trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip visits multiple countries for which visas can be difficult and time consuming to obtain. Please ensure that you have enough time to apply for all visas you require before booking this trip.
2. Some destinations visited on this trip do not have consulates in Australia and New Zealand. We recommend that travellers from these countries book the WESTBOUND itinerary of this trip where some visas can be obtained en route.
3. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
4. Combination trip. Please see Trip Notes (Important Notes) for more details.
5. Local Partner: Please note this Intrepid trip is operated by our experienced local partners Dragoman Overland. Your departure will be run in a Dragoman vehicle with a Dragoman crew.
Our Beijing to Istanbul trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 1 review in the last year.