Get back to nature in a land that defies expectations
Jagged mountains, pristine glaciers and bright blue lagoons await in Chile’s Patagonia on a 5-day adventure. Tailor your perfect experience by choosing your activities each day, accompanied by a local Intrepid guide to add another layer to your discoveries. One day you may be cruising past waterfalls in search of glaciers, and the next hiking through the landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park. With stunning accommodation and all meals included, the only thing you’ll need to think about is which amazing activity to choose next.
Tailor your itinerary based on your interests and fitness level, choosing from an exciting range of half day and full day activities accompanied by your local Intrepid guide.
Cruise down fjords in search of glaciers, explore ancient caves or hike through incredible landscapes – and that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
Travel with a local Intrepid guide who will add another layer to your discoveries, taking care of the details and sharing stories about the scenery, wildlife and local culture.
Spend four evenings in a beautiful and sustainable hotel offering fantastic amenities and first-class views of the surrounding fjord, mountains and glaciers.
With all meals included, it couldn’t be easier to fuel up for your adventures, whether you’re sampling gastronomic delights in your hotel’s on-site restaurant or dining al fresco while on the go.
This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader – our local representative fills this role – and the configuration of any fellow travellers in the group might change during the trip.
A good level of fitness is required to get the most out of the multiple treks available on this trip.
Weather in Patagonia can be wild, so it's important to prepare for all elements. Rain, wind and extreme cold are all part of the adventure. As a result of this wild weather the hikes and activities within Torres del Paine National Park may not always be possible, so if you are prepared to be a little flexible, you will have a great time!
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Patagonia Short Break - Remota Lodge trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ group departure, which means the configuration of any fellow travelers in the group might change during the trip.
2. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travelers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own. Therefore, during chosen excursions you may be joined by a mixture of Intrepid-booked passengers.
3. The maximum number of travelers is indicative of maximum number of travelers during join-in activities only.
4. Arrival and departure transfers from El Calafate, Puerto Natales and Punta Arenas airports are included. Please ensure you provide us with your flight details at time of booking.
5. Entry into Chile does not currently require any proof of COVID-19 vaccination, however, we suggest submitting proof of vaccination in advance of travel in order to receive a mobility pass, which in turn allows travellers to access all public services; buses, museums, restaurants, etc. As this validation process can take a while, it is recommended that you submit your electronic validation request 15 days in advance of Travel. The link to submit and more information is available here: https://www.chile.travel/en/traveltochileplan/.
Please also fill an electronic "Sworn declaration for travelers" form up to 48 hours before boarding, in which you must provide your contact, health and travel information. This form will provide a QR code as a means of verification. It can be obtained at www.c19.cl.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information