Explore the surrounds of a snow covered Mt Rainier volcano on snowshoes
Strap on snowshoes and explore Mount Rainier National Park in winter, when tourists are outnumbered by animals and snow drapes the landscape in a soft white blanket. Explore the diversity and beauty of this famous National Park, from its frozen mountain lakes and glaciers to waterfalls, rivers and snow slopes. With an expert snowshoe guide by your side, you’ll immerse yourself unspoiled wilderness and traverse gentle terrain beneath the high peaks near the Continental Divide, walk alongside frozen lakes and explore mountain meadows where elk, lynx and even rare wolverines may be seen. At this time of year, there are fewer tourists and local wildlife is more active, making this the perfect holiday for animal lovers.
Experience the beauty of winter in Mount Rainier National Park when the landscape is draped in a blanket of snow and the silence of this famous national park wraps you in its peaceful embrace.
Take in stunning views of the jagged peaks of the Tatoosh Range and admire the way the ice-covered Reflection Lakes frame the famous view of Mount Rainier.
Hike the route that mountaineers use to begin their summit of Mount Rainier and be rewarded with amazing views of the mountain and three other Cascade volcanoes if the weather is good.
Keep your eyes open along the trail for the chance to spot voles, hawks and owls, and also deer and elk which gather in great numbers to breed in the winter months.
Tuck into freshly prepared, delicious breakfasts and lunches prepared by your leader and sit down together for a meal prepared by the chefs at your lodge every evening.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Mount Rainier National Park is prone to sudden temperature and weather shifts. On winter trips, snow is a possibility so you must be fully prepared and follow the recommended clothing list closely.
Winter weather can be unpredictable in Mount Rainier National Park so we may need to make itinerary changes to keep the group safe and well at all times. If this occurs, we will do our best to find comparable activities and experiences.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing in Mt Rainier National Park trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Your Tour Leader will contact you approximately 2 weeks before your trip to share necessary details.
7. Early on the morning of day 1 (6-9am), you will be picked up from Double Tree by Hilton hotel in Olympia. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel. Your trip will finish on a last day at approximately 7pm.
8. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information