Cycle past thermal pools, mountains, rivers and geysers galore
Combine cycling with spouting geysers, thermal pools, mighty rivers and memorable hikes in two of the USA’s most iconic National Parks. Cycle alongside fast-flowing rivers, ride past multihued thermal pools and geysers in Yellowstone National Park, and marvel at the jagged peaks of the Grand Tetons. With great weather and scenery, the cycling in these national parks is second to none. Off the bike you’ll find some of the country’s best hiking as well as small towns and friendly locals – this cycling adventure takes in the best of it all at a pace everyone can enjoy.
Ride past multihued thermal pools and geysers, the steaming waters of Hot and Firehole Lakes, and the White Dome and Old Faithful Geysers.
Keep an eye out for bison, elk, and perhaps a grizzly bear as you cycle through the Hayden Valley, one of Yellowstone’s best places to spot wildlife.
Take a short hike along the West Thumb Geyser Basin Trail to witness the surreal Lakeshore Geyser bubbling away in Lake Yellowstone.
Cycle with the jagged peaks of the Grand Tetons on your right and wide, open plains on your left in Grand Teton National Park.
Hike along the rim of Yellowstone’s Grand Canyon to enjoy spectacular views of the thundering Upper Falls, Artist Point and, of course, the canyon itself.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Grand Teton & Yellowstone National Parks trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip begins at midday 12pm on Day 1.
2. This trip finishes around 3pm on Day 6.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
7. For group less than 6 clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a driver plus a leader that rides with the group.
8. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
9. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information