See the best of Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama
Discover the heart of Mexico's Aztec, Zapotec, Mayan and Spanish cultures on this journey spanning ruins, pueblos and beaches. Arrive in Mexico and travel through the mad metropolis of Mexico City to the relaxed beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula. Then explore the charming streets of Havana, where old-time American automobiles, richly-scented Cuban cigars and an eclectic tapestry of architectures evoke a colourful past. Next is the best of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica and Panama. From beautiful black-sand beaches to tropical forests alive with jungle melodies, this pocket of Central America is something of a natural paradise. Whether you're shopping in colonial Antigua, exploring the intricately carved structures at Copan, relaxing on the coast of El Salvador, taking a walk through Monteverde's enchanting cloud forest, or standing in awe of the Panama canal, you'll get a wonderful insight into Central America during this incredible adventure.
Save a space on your 2019 trip with only a €50 deposit until 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why - strolling around the ancient Mayan ruins feels pretty wondrous
Away from the thumping nightlife of Cancun, splash around, sun-bake and play on Playa del Carmen's white sandy beaches
Stop in at the mausoleum of Che Guevara for a fascinating insight into the rise and fall of the charismatic and highly celebrated Cuban revolutionary
Extended time in Caye Caulker and Antigua provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy laid-back island vibes as well as buzzy colonial city life
A homestay in San Jorge La Laguna invites you to connect with a local family. Sit down for breakfast and dinner with your hosts and work on improving your Spanish
Hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde in Costa Rica. Get up close to nature among the hundreds of mammal, bird and plant species that call this place home
Dial the relaxation up a notch in Bocas del Toro, Panama, spending several nights on nearby Isla Bastimentos. There may be no roads or cars here, but there are plenty of mangroves, turtles and white sandy beaches
Waterfalls, wildflowers, hot springs and mountains - beautiful Boquete has it all. Tour a coffee plantation, ride a bike along a river or take a relaxing walk through the forest, keeping an eye out for tricksy monkeys and tropical birds
Explore the eclectic streets of Panama City and admire the engineering masterpiece of the Panama Canal
This trip involves some long days of travel by local transport, including one overnight bus. While this can be tiring, it's also a fantastic way to rub shoulders with the locals and get under the skin of a place.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
Funds can be difficult to access in Cuba. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
Crossing the borders between the various countries visited on this trip is usually straightforward, but you may need to be patient. If there are delays during your journey, be prepared to take part in some car games!
Conditions during your homestay in San Jorge La Laguna are basic. Your room will consist of a couple of beds with clean bedding, and the bathroom will most likely be shared with the rest of the family. Hearty home-cooked breakfast and dinner will be served during your stay, which can be a lot more basic than what you're used to. However, corn, rice and beans are very filling.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip, except on Day 7 (Overnight bus), Days 31 & 32 in Rio Dulce, and Days 61 & 62 in Santa Catalina where you will be in shared accommodation. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. To save you money and the hassle of booking multiple trips, this journey is a combination of some of our most popular adventures. Your leader and the composition of your group may change with the start of each adventure.
4. As this is a combination trip, the flight from Cancun to Havana on Day 15 and the flight back from Havana to Cancun on Day 22 are not included in the tour cost and must be purchased separately. When booking these flights, keep in mind there will be a group meeting at 6pm in both Havana and Playa del Carmen on those days as so we recommend arriving prior to this.
5. Complimentary mid-trip airport departure and arrival transfers are included to help ease your independent connections throughout the combination trip. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
- An airport departure transfer is included from Playa del Carmen
- An airport arrival transfer is included in Havana
- An airport departure transfer is included from Havana
- An airport arrival transfer is included in Cancun
6. In Cuba, the airport arrival transfer driver will know the address of your assigned guesthouse.
7. Guesthouse and rooming allocations are finalised inside a week from departure based on the configuration of each travelling party. Please advise bedding configuration requests to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
8. A visa or tourist card, organised prior to arrival, is required for all nationalities visiting Cuba.
9. The Cuban government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers. Proof of insurance may be requested at Havana Airport by immigration officials.
10. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and services. To help set your expectations correctly, please read the ‘Is this trip right for you?’ and ‘Joining point description’ sections in the Essential Trip Information Document.
11. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
Due to recent political protests, we have rerouted this itinerary to avoid Nicaragua. We are confident that this is the safest course of action for our travellers and our staff on the ground. The joining and ending point cities are unaffected. We will continue to closely monitor the situation in Nicaragua in the hope of improvement and to maintain our discretion to revert to the original itinerary or otherwise.
THIS COMBINATION TRIP WILL BE DISCONTINUED IN 2019. The sub trips that make up this combination trip will continue to run in 2019, however due to limited interest, we are no longer offering it as a packaged combination trip.