Travel from Addis Ababa to Nairobi on an exciting adventure tour
Discover the wilds of Africa with an adventure through destinations teeming with wildlife, tradition and culture alike. Climb to the heights of the Bale Mountains and learn the ancient traditions and lifestyles of the Omo Valley tribes. Get away from the tourist traps and see a less visited part of the continent with this in depth and comprehensive adventure tour.
TRIP CHANGES FROM OCTOBER 2018:
• Omo Valley removed from the itinerary
• 3 nights in Harar added
• 1 night in Awash National Park Added
• 2 nights in Wendo Genet taken out and replaced with 2 nights in Awassa
For a limited time, lock in your spot on a 2018 adventure with just €1!Terms & Conditions
See the villages of many different tribes, all coexisting in the Omo Valley Region
Search for unique, native Ethiopian wildlife at Bale Mountains National Park
Help out at the charitable Awassa Children's Project
Dragoman tours travel from each destination to the next on one of their purpose-built trucks, this is an overland adventure! There are some long travel days, venturing away from cities and into remote areas, but the rewards are immeasurable.
Dragoman overland journeys are designed to offer freedom, and many of their routes have a degree of flexibility depending on the destination. As they have their own vehicle, they are generally unrestricted in their ability to alter the schedule in the case of unforeseen circumstances.
Dragoman use a broad range of accommodation on their trips from good hotels, basic hostels, family-run guesthouses, well-equipped campsites, local family homestays, or wild camping in more remote areas. Note: some of their routes are non-camping routes, depending on the nature of the destination. Please see the day to day itinerary for more detailed information about accommodation on the trip.
On an overland trip you're more than just a passenger - you're part of the team! Everyone on the journey will get involved to help with setting up camp, pitching tents, shopping for food, and cooking. The more you put it the more you get out!
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 October 2018 to 30 September 2019. View the itinerary for departures between 01 September 2017 - 30 September 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Addis to Arba Minch trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
2. No single supplement is available on this trip.
3. This trip is run by our experienced overland partner Dragoman.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres / 9200 feet where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude.
We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Ethiopia before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts