See forests, fauna and fireworks on this Costa Rican adventure
The jewel of Central America, Costa Rica's environment is world-renowned for being diverse, vibrant and healthy. If you’re short on time but want a taste of this country's unique sights then jump onboard this express trip through San Jose’s colonial streets; La Fortuna’s hot springs and volcano; Monteverde’s cloud forest; and Manuel Antonio’s turquoise seas. With abundant wildlife, intense volcanic landscapes and superb Pacific beaches, this Costa Rican adventure is sure to be a trip to remember.
DISCONTINUED for 2019 and being REPLACED with 'Best of Costa Rica' (QBKR). This is mainly due to passenger feedback about the desire to visit some of Costa Rica's harder to reach locations, such as Corcovado. The new trip will be the same duration but a different route. Please check back in a few months for more details on that itinerary.
For a limited time, get 10% OFF your next adventure departing September 1 - February 28.Terms & Conditions
Experience the diversity of Costa Rica's environment
Lay back and relax in La Fortuna hot springs
Spot wildlife in the lush Monteverde cloud forest
Swim in the warm waters of Manuel Antonio National Park
Catch a show at San Jose's National Theatre
Some included activities such as the hikes in the Monteverde Cloud Forest and Manuel Antonio NP can be quite strenuous.
The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be really hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
Try to learn as many Spanish words as you can. Locals are very friendly, but also shy, so you'll need to make plenty of effort to break the ice. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Costa Rica Express trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
4. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
5. Please be careful when booking flights to/from San Jose; make sure you fly into/out of Juan Santamaría International Airport [SJO]. Please do NOT book flights to/from Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport [SJC] as this is located in California, United States.
DISCONTINUED for 2019 and being REPLACED with 'Best of Costa Rica' (QBKR). This is mainly due to passenger feedback about the desire to visit some of Costa Rica's harder to reach locations, such as Corcovado. The new trip will be the same duration but a differed route. Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
Our Costa Rica Express trips score an average of 4.49 out of 5 based on 35 reviews in the last year.
I found with Intrepid they get you there and you can select from the extra activities at your cost what you want your trip to be
Review submitted 15 May 2018