An unforgettable cycling tour of vibrant and verdant Northern Vietnam.
More than 30 million Vietnamese can't be wrong - handle-bar height gives you the best view of Vietnam! Our one week cycling tour through the north of this beautiful country provides opportunities to meet the locals and experience their culture in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. So come with us and get active as we cycle from Hanoi to Halong Bay, down country lanes and through spectacular mountain scenery. And, of course, all the exercise gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in delicious Vietnamese cuisine.
If you love the feel of a bike between your legs, the wind in your (helmet-covered) hair and tropical breeze on your face then this speedy but comprehensive 8 day adventure is for you
A bike lets you see Vietnam like never before – you’ll go from road to beaten track to something way beyond
Think of the calories you’ll burn and the appetite you’ll work up cycling around Vietnam’s incredible landscape – all the more reason to indulge in the wealth of delicious local and regional food
This two-wheeled adventure will show you all the different sides of this country – wildlife-filled natural landscapes, small villages and ancient ruins, along with the region’s liveliest city
What better way to finish a good week's cycling than relaxing with a massage on the majestic Halong Bay
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
This trip covers quite some distance – you’ll be cycling for up to 70 kilometres a day on varied terrain, so this trip is for the reasonably fit.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure
You'll be spending one night in a homestay. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to interact with the locals, and get a real sense of Vietnamese daily life.
The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Northern Vietnam trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for train tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
2. Please provide your height at time of booking so that we can ensure a suitable sized bike is arranged.
3. Please see your Trip Notes if your departure takes place during Tet, usually in late January/early February. Although we do our best to run trips during Tet as per the scheduled itinerary, it is likely that there will be some changes to transport, accommodation or order of destinations visited.
4. Whilst bicycle helmets are not compulsory in Vietnam, Intrepid cyclists must wear a quality helmet at all times while riding in Vietnam. Good quality helmets are not available in Vietnam so make sure you bring yours from home.
5. During the group meeting, your trip leader will ask you if you would like to contribute to the snack kitty. This would be used to purchase extra supplies of snacks, including nuts and other energy packed goodies. It is not a compulsory kitty, although will make the purchasing of snacks easier and more convenient for you. You can find out more information from your leader upon arrival but costs are indicated in the Money Matters Section of your Essential Trip Information.
6. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1 in Hanoi. This trip ends on Day 8 and you are free to leave at any time.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information