Get up close and personal with the picture-perfect peaks and enchanting waterfalls of Great Smoky Mountains National Park on this five-day hiking adventure. With a museum visit to set the scene, you’ll soon stretch your legs in search of the spectacular views offered by Charlies Bunion, hiking along the historic Appalachian Trail. Grotto Falls, Mouse Creek Falls, Linville Falls and more will have you falling fast for their natural charm, while the summit of Looking Glass Rock will leave you feeling on top of a lush, green world. No wonder this is the US’ most visited national park!
Dates and availability
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. You will meet your guide and group at the Holiday Inn in downtown Asheville for an orientation meeting at 5:00 PM the evening before the trip begins. We’re happy to give you a ride to this meeting if you’re not staying at the Holiday Inn. Your guide will then pick you up the next morning for transport to the trailhead. This trip will conclude at approximately 5:00 PM on the last day.
7. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.