Travel from Bangkok to Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi on this Thailand holiday
Leave behind the fast-moving streets of the Thai capital and take time out to experience Ayutthaya, a World Heritage-listed wonder near the border of Burma (Myanmar). Explore this ancient Siam capital with a knowledgeable local guide, and bear witness to timeworn temples, bell-shaped chedis and intricately carved relics of Thailand’s golden era. Travel onwards to the shady town of Kanchanaburi and pay tribute to the brave POWs who perished while building the infamous Hellfire Pass and Bridge on the River Kwai. Delve further into World War II history on a visit to the War Museum and Allied Cemetery before this historical sojourn completes the loop back in Bangkok. End the journey amid the buzz of night markets, sidewalk restaurants and colourful, chaotic streets.
Book your next adventure and save with up to 20% off 2022 trips. Five days only, ends 4 July.Terms & Conditions
Explore the ancient and modern history of Thailand with a three-day trip from Bangkok, taking in Kanchanaburi and Ayutthaya.
Uncover a golden age of Siam with the royal residences and atmospheric temples of ancient Ayutthaya.
Swim in idyllic rock pools fed by waterfalls in the seven-tiered Erawan National Park.
Take a ride on the Death Railway and learn all about this tragic part of history at the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum.
Travel by samlaw to the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai
This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.
This trip starts early on Day 1 and finishes in the afternoon on Day 3. Therefore we recommend you book pre- and post-accommodation in Bangkok in conjunction with this trip. Our sales team can assist with these extra nights.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our River Kwai & Ancient Thai Kingdoms trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure starts at 8 am on Day 1 and finishes in the afternoon at approximately 2 pm on Day
2. You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Trip Note Information for this itinerary. Pick-up will take place between 8 am and 8.30 am in the hotel foyer.
3. If you require pick up from another centrally-located hotel in Bangkok, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure.
4. You may enter Thailand under the scheme of ‘Test & Go’ which allows you to enter Thailand with only one day quarantine on arrival. Please check the specific requirements in the website below and we recommend you complete these requirements at least 14 days before arrival to allow time for possible delays in this process.
5. You’ll need to organize your T&G package with our start point hotel directly as it’s a package required by the government that will include one night accommodation, airport arrival transfer, 1 PCR test and 1 self-ATK test (for Day 5). Our start point hotels are approved SHA++ hotels to provide this package. Please check the hotel website for specific inclusions in the package and book directly with the hotel. Therefore, we won’t be able to provide booking for pre-trip accommodation or arrival airport transfer at this stage. Departure transfer is still bookable through us.
6. While this T&G scheme with 1-day quarantine is in place, we recommend you arrive at least 1 day before your trip so that you can complete this quarantine before the trip starts. Please inform your agent of your arrival date in Thailand so that our local team can help arrange your Day 5 self-test accordingly.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information