Discover the colourful world of Nepal and distinctive, remote Bhutan.
Journey into the heart of Nepal and experience the colourful sights and culture of this enchanting region. Mingle with local villagers and craftspeople, visit tranquil temples and sacred Buddhist sites, travel the cobbled streets of tiny mountain towns and search for unique wildlife. From the whirlwind of Kathmandu to the lush jungle of Chitwan National Park - with plenty of delightful hidden gems in between - take an unforgettable tour of Nepal, brimming with culture, history and natural beauty. Bhutan is the little secret of Asia. Overshadowed and nestled between China and India, it is a relatively new travel spot, with many undiscovered secrets in its natural scenery and quiet townships. The land is dotted with red-clothed monks, ancient Buddhist temples and friendly smiles. It is one calm country, where gross national happiness is more important than money, where chillies are used as a vegetable rather than for spice, and the thunder dragon, Druk, is emblazoned on the national flag, symbolising the people of Bhutan: loyal, patriotic and living with a total sense of belonging within the kingdom.
Beginning in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage
Whether it's flying, hiking, driving or canoeing, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles
Witness world-class mountain scenery from heavenly viewpoint, with a breathtaking Everest flight
Take a jeep safari and jungle walk with an expert resident naturalist Chitwan National Park, a beauty brimming with exotic bird life and game
Get hands-on overview of Nepal's diverse architecture, from the stately Newari dwellings in Bandipur to the hill-perched Buddhist Peace Pagoda in Pokhara
The happiest land on earth, Bhutan is a hidden paradise with no traffic lights, laws governing minimum forest coverage and some amazing feats of archery
Only a small number of visitors are allowed into Bhutan each year. Its pretty special
The climb to Tigers Nest, while tough, is a richly rewarding and sobering experience
Delays are inevitable. Embracing the slow pace and meditative atmosphere will go a long way toward your enjoyment of this beautiful country
The hotel in Bhaktapur is very centrally located, though not quite of the same standard as the other accommodation on this trip
Exploring Chitwan National Park's beautiful trails on foot requires a reasonable level fitness
Whilst only a small country, there are long travel days in Bhutan, most roads are single lane and travel by vehicle is slow and tiring
The trek to Tigers nest is quite vigorous, but its well worth the climb
Bhutan is at high altitude, a day or two taking it easy makes for a much more comfortable trip. Drink tea and lots of water on arrival and avoid strenuous exercise while acclimatising
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2019 - 31 December 2019
1. An airport arrival and departure transfer is included in both Nepal and Bhutan. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip and is valid for all nights of your tour.
3. Please provide Intrepid or your booking agent with a scanned colour copy of the personal details page from your passport at time of booking. Failure to do this delays the group visa.
4. Please advise all international flight details at least 60 days prior to departure.
5. Please be aware that Bhutan's airlines are renowned for last minute changes to flight timetables into and out of Bhutan. Please allow a min of 6-8 hours transit time between your international flight and flight into Bhutan. Timetables are available on the Druk Airlines and Air Bhutan websites.
6. All travellers depart Bhutan on the final day of the tour to be eligible for a group visa.
7. All meals are included during your time in Bhutan.
8. The transfers and flight between Kathmandu and Paro is included on Day 12. This flight is unaccompanied.
9. As this is a combination trip, the composition of your group, as well as your group leader, will change on Day 12.