Experience the wild wonders of Kenya and Tanzania
This trip delivers adventure and comfort in equal measures. Travel through these welcoming nations, past stunning scenery, tiny farming villages and modern cities abuzz with activity. Get a dose of wildlife action on exhilarating game drives; learn about local customs and traditions on community visits; spot prolific birdlife on lakes and in rivers; and spend each night relaxing over a tasty meal in comfort accommodation. From the thrill of being on safari to the genuine, real life moments interacting with locals, this East African adventure showcases the very best of the region's culture, environment, history and traditions.
Stay in a selection of rustic permanent tented camps and lodges across Kenya & Tanzania's unspoilt wilderness without sacrificing the creature comforts of home.
Experience the thrill of sleeping 'Under Canvas' and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
Spot endangered black and white rhino stopping for a drink in Lake Nakuru NP.
Watch lions prowling the famous Masai Mara on a 4x4 game drive.
Witness thousands of pink flamingos descending on Lake Naivasha, completely covering the sparkling blue waters.
Be astounded by the vast array of wildlife in Ngorongoro Crater in open top 4x4 vehicles.
Try to spot a rare tree-climbing lion at Lake Manyara National Park.
Travel across the endless grasslands of the Serengeti searching for large herds of wildebeest and zebra.
Learn the story of the large baobab trees at Tarangire National Park.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. It is important to note that while our vehicles are not air-conditioned, all windows do open to allow for fresh air. But please be aware that road travel in Africa comes with its fair share of dust, so while curtains are fitted to minimize the sun shine, it can get hot and windy.
This itinerary features some long travel days which can be exacerbated by bumpy African roads. It is recommended that you pay close attention to our given approximations of distance and driving hours.
Our overland safaris do not necessitate exceptional fitness levels, but a general level of physical movement is required. For example, you need to judge yourself physically fit enough to handle.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. An airport arrival transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking, or at a minimum 15 days prior to travel.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Nairobi & Arusha as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. Optional sunrise balloon rides in the Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara are possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
5. This trip finishes after lunch in Arusha on Day 15. Please do not book any flights out of JRO International Airport until after 5pm this afternoon. A departure transfer can be booked for an additional cost.
Our Kenya & Tanzania Safari Under Canvas trips score an average of 4.67 out of 5 based on 3 reviews in the last year.
I really enjoyed this trip, lots of amazing scenery and a chance to see lots of wildlife. Word of warning, be prepared for bumpy roads. However the bumpy roads are worth it.
Review submitted 07 Jul 2018