Adventure through the heart of North India and Rajasthan
Rose-hued cities, time-worn desert forts and holy rivers – North India is the subcontintent’s showpiece, a place where ancient ruins punctuate peaceful countryside and everyday life is a riot of colour and noise. From the gleaming walls of the Taj Mahal to Delhi’s chaotic streets, India’s energy will leave you giddy with excitement and sporting a smile that’s wider than the Ganges. Spiritual, yet never afraid to entertain – the sites of North India are as alive as a crowded laneway, as vast as the Thar Desert sands, as humbling as a Varanasi dawn and as intricate as the Amber Fort. So give your senses a well-earned kick and delve into a North Indian adventure that ticks all the boxes.
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2018:
Due to ongoing issues in obtaining national park permits, from 1st January 2018 this trip will visit Panna National Park instead of Bandhavgarh National Park.
Take on India! 10% OFF India trips that depart before 14 December 2018 when you book before 31 July 2018.Terms & Conditions
Tick off the big ticket items like the Taj Mahal and Varanasi and spend plenty of time away from the bustle of big cities in lesser visited towns and villages like Alipura, Orchha and Chanderi.
Our time in Chanderi is our travellers’ favourite on this itinerary - share a meal at home with our local friends who are passionate about sharing their culture and town with you.
Witness religious ceremonies, visit temples and monuments, stay in heritage properties and explore with local guides and your expert leader. There is so much variety packed into this trip to show you as many facets of this unforgettable country as we can.
Enjoy cooking demonstrations, home cooked meals and chow down on the best of local street food like roti, chaat, samosas and poori.
Hear the story of how the tigers of Panna National Park came back from the brink of extinction to the thriving population that lives there today.
The Hindu and Jain temples of Khajuraho are stunning in the scale and detail and are sure to leave a lasting impression.
A chance to float among the clouds over Jaipur and watch an Indian sunrise from the basket of a hot air balloon as an optional activity
With patience, resilience and understanding that things won't always go 100% to plan, travelling in India is ultimately a rewarding experience. Some of the challenges travelers regularly feed back to us are things like air quality, hygiene standards, sporadic hot water and wifi, crowds and travel delays.
The big cities on this trip, especially Delhi, can be very busy and crowded with both locals and tourists. It's exciting but often exhausting!
Rajasthan can reach extremely high temperatures in the summer. While we aim to do our walking tours early in the morning when it’s cooler, remember to keep hydrated and to bring a hat, sunscreen, a long-sleeved shirt and anything else that will protect you from the sun.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees.
Be prepared for some long (and often delayed, especially by heavy fog in Dec - Feb) overland journeys on this trip. We travel by overnight train in 3AC class and while we aim to purchase tickets to have the whole group bunking near each other, the highly complex booking system and huge demand for tickets may mean that this isn't always possible.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our North India Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. E-visas are only available for entry of up to 30 days.This is a 25 day trip. If you are planning on spending much longer in India you will need to pre purchase your Indian visa prior to departure from your home country and will not be able to travel on an e-visa.
2. A Single Supplement to have your own room is bookable on this trip, subject to availability, excluding nights camping and on overnight trains.
3. As this is a combination trip, your group leader and the composition of your group may change on Day 15.
4. Passport details are required at time of booking in order to book train tickets and national park permits.
5. This trip finishes on arrival in Delhi in the morning of Day 25. No accommodation is included on this day.
6. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$250pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to weather conditions and tickets are fully refundable in case of poor weather.
7. Due to ongoing issues in obtaining national park permits, from 1st January 2018 this trip will visit Panna National Park instead of Bandhavgarh National Park.
Our North India Adventure trips score an average of 4.25 out of 5 based on 4 reviews in the last year.
Interesting is how to describe India. Take clothes to cover up, leave shorts and singlets at home. Travel as light as possible. And drink as much as you can. And have fun.
Review submitted 30 Oct 2017