The ultimate adventure travel experience in Nepal and India
Journey Overland through the amazing lands of Nepal and India, taking in the colourful cultures, impressive icons and stunning sights along the way. Experience the very best of these two countries – from the busy cities filled with animated people, crowded bazaars and commercial enterprise, to the small, remote villages where a slow-paced rural life endures. Be awed by the immense beauty of the Taj Mahal, the warm glow of a Goan sunset and the displays of faith around every corner in Varanasi. Escape the heat in the cool climate of Darjeeling plantations, cruise the backwaters of Kerala, try to spot tigers and elephants in national parks and embark on an exciting safari into the desert. Mix with local children, pilgrims, market traders, tribal people and farmers, and see the heart and soul of India and Nepal in these proud people. This adventure delivers many moments of breathtaking beauty and thrilling fun – don't miss the chance to see the very best of Nepal and India.
Mix it up in Mumbai
Sleep under the stars in the Thar Desert
Laze on the beaches of Goa
Be impressed by the temples of Puri
Cruise the backwaters of Kerala
Dive into the chaos of Delhi
Look for elephants in the Royal Chitwan National Park
Explore the historic streets of Kathmandu
Get spiritual in Varanasi
Admire the exquisite palaces of Jaipur
Behold the beauty of the Taj Mahal in Agra
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. With increasing concerns about tourists embarking on tribal safaris, the government of Orissa has imposed strict rules for trips to areas inhabited by tribal groups. As a result, the Orissa part of our itinerary has changed and we will now stay in hotels, lodges, or campgrounds associated with local NGOs rather than bushcamping in villages. We will also travel with a local guide for the duration of the visit to the tribal area and have more meals and activities included. This has all resulted in a significant increase in the kitty for this trip compared to what has previously been advertised.
2. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
3. In order to confirm your place on this trip we will need a scanned copy of your passport, passport photo and your Indian visa as soon as possible after booking.
4. For trips in Southern India that occur over Christmas and New Year please allow approximately $130USD extra on the kitty for seasonal increases in accommodation costs.
5. Local Partner: Please note this Intrepid trip is operated by our experienced local partners Dragoman Overland. Your departure will be run in a Dragoman vehicle with a Dragoman crew.