Pedal through the picturesque landscapes and quaint villages of Provence on this active cycling adventure.
Wend your way past neat rows of vineyards, beneath towering aqueducts and through forests on this active cycling adventure through Provence. This journey through Southern France is an idyllic blend of scenic trail riding, historical sights and wine tasting. Visit the serene gardens of St Remy to see where Vincent van Gogh created his famous works. Savour regional red wines at a vineyard outside Avignon. Walk the cobbled streets of Les Baux and marvel at the stunning views from atop its limestone cliffs.
Cycle through the same landscapes that inspired some of Vincent van Gogh's greatest masterpieces
Encounter rich Roman history and architecture in the historic towns of Arles and Orange
Stop in at famous vineyards outside Avignon and savour iconic French wines
Pass by fragrant fields en route to the spectacular three-tiered city of Pont du Gard
Search for wild white horses outside Camargue as you cycle to the Mediterranean Sea
This trip covers quite some distance, with cycling for up to 60 kilometres a day on varied terrain with a few hills. As well as obviously the ability to confidently ride a bike, in reality you only require a reasonable level of fitness to participate.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
You'll be spending your nights in hotels all the way, ranging from comfortable to basic level, but they'll always be authentic and a great opportunity to interact with the locals and fellow travellers.
The weather in this region can be varied depending on the season. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Provence trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
3. This trip includes an option of an electric-motor assisted bicycle (e-bike) at an additional cost. Please inquire at time of booking.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
6. We are unable to offer private transfers from/to Nice Airport. Please refer to the Joining/Finishing Point Instructions for further information about arriving/departing for this tour.
Our Cycle Provence trips score an average of 4.8 out of 5 based on 30 reviews in the last year.
This trip was a standout life experience. One of the best decisions we have made and will be remembered for years to come. A good variety of sights and experiences, and the trip leaders were fantastic.
Review submitted 14 Oct 2018
I have traveled with Intrepid for the Galapagos Multi sport and this Cycle Provence. Both trips have exceeded my expectations.
Review submitted 15 Sep 2018