Travel to Cuba to experience the spirit of Havana and the rhythmic Caribbean vibe
From Cuba's historical streets of Havana to the pristine shores of the Caribbean, stroll through World Heritage cities, relive a fascinating colonial history and experience the rich heritage of music and dance that Cuba is renowned for. Dive into the incredible marine world and history of the Bay of Pigs, prepare to be wowed as you discover Baracoa’s mountainous surrounds, visit the birthplace of salsa and admire Trinidad’s unrivalled ambience on this two-week adventure. From historic cars to fragrant cigars, and with plenty of rum and rumba in between, this adventure will take you into the heart of all things Cuban.
We’re offering 15% OFF sunny adventures to Southeast Asia, Central America, the Caribbean and more. Hurry though, offer ends 30 April 2018 and applies to trips departing between 1 May and 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife - evocative Havana is like nowhere else on Earth. See the difference between city and coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
Take inspiration from the locals and mix things up with a bicycle-taxi tour of the colonial city of Camaguey
Enjoy two free days exploring Trinidad. Practice your Spanish in a language class, loll about on an unspoilt Caribbean beach or peddle through sugar plantations on a bicycle
After an informal salsa lesson, you'll be ready to hit the dance floor with the locals. With its vibrant music scene and Afro-Cuban roots, sultry Santiago de Cuba is a great place to bust out some moves
There's a lot more to the life of Che Guevara than what you'll learn from watching 'The Motorcycle Diaries'. Pay your respects to the famous revolutionary during an included visit to his mausoleum
The guesthouses (Casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling but keep in mind that each and every room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
Funds can be difficult to access in Cuba. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure.
Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even toilet seats, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
As this trip covers a lot of land, you'll be spending quite a bit of time looking out of a bus window. Don’t forget your headphones!
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Best of Cuba trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. For the included internal flight ticket, please provide your full name exactly as per passport, at the time of booking or at least 45 days prior to travel.
4. We run the same itinerary in the alternate direction to offer another start day of the week due to flights - please see ""Best of Cuba Westbound"" (QUSHR) if you are looking for more date options.
5. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
6. The airport arrival transfer driver will know the address of your assigned guesthouse. If you have not booked the transfer prior to departure, or will not utilise it due to independent plans, please ensure you ask your booking agent inside 7 days of departure for your confirmed guesthouse name and address.
7. Guesthouse and rooming allocations are finalised inside a week from departure based on the configuration of each travelling party. Please advise bedding configuration requests to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
8. A visa or tourist card, organised prior to arrival, is required for all nationalities visiting Cuba.
9. The Cuban government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers. Proof of insurance may be requested at Havana Airport by immigration officials.
10. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and services. To help set your expectations correctly, please read the ‘Is this trip right for you?’ and ‘Joining point description’ sections in the Essential Trip Information Document.
11. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
Our Best of Cuba trips score an average of 4.6 out of 5 based on 388 reviews in the last year.
If you just want to laze on a sandy white beach then this isn't the trip for you! However if you want to explore the country and learn a lot about Cuba's culture and history, and if you don't mind some long bus journeys, then book now. The food, accommodation and transport were all of a much higher standard than I expected. We had a brilliant guide, Iraida, who ensured that we all had a great time, we learnt a lot too, including the basics of salsa dancing!
Review submitted 25 Apr 2018
Yraida was a blessing of a guide with amazing passion and knowledge and sense of humour. This trip was full of cultural experiences, wonderful locals and lots of fun.
Review submitted 24 Apr 2018