Discover the USA’s most charming state on two wheels
Like a page ripped from a fairy tale, Vermont’s charm is simply undeniable. And when it comes to experiencing all the beauty this state has to offer, two wheels are better than four. Set out on a five-day cycling adventure through the Green Mountain State, discovering the quaint towns and gorgeous scenery that make Vermont so special. Follow an experienced leader along historic and scenic trails as they introduce you to hidden treasures and local favourites along the way.
Our biggest sale of the year is now on! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book now to save big.Terms & Conditions
Starting in bustling Burlington, swap city lights for peaceful nights as you cycle through rolling hills and verdant farmland towards the delightful town of Middlebury.
Visit the country’s smallest state capital, Montpelier, where you’ll pedal past the beautiful Vermont State House and stop by a family-run maple syrup farm.
Take on the Smugglers Notch Loop, a challenging climb followed by a freewheeling descent down through some of Vermont’s most charming towns.
Spend 2 nights in the idyllic New England village of Stowe, so beautiful even the Von Trapp Family call it home.
With a local leader to guide the way, you’ll find out what they love about Vermont and learn about the state’s history, culture and landscapes as you cycle.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding travel prior to booking this trip.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
For groups of less than six travellers we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes.
Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required – but given the hills involved, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trip begins.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Vermont trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip begins at midday 12pm on Day 1.
2. This trip finishes around 3 pm on Day 5.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
7. For group less than 6 clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a driver plus a leader that rides with the group.
8. Accommodation is not included on day 5 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
9. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information