Discover the ancient Maya ruins of Central America visiting Guatemala, Mexico and Belize
Through Guatemala, Mexico and Belize, this trip combines the volcanic beauty of the highlands, the mystery of the ancient Maya ruins, and the perfect beaches of the Caribbean in a truly unique adventure. From Antigua to Playa del Carmen and back, this three-week journey offers the chance to get out and get active, or enjoy a more relaxing pace while exploring the colour, culture and adventure of Central America.
Explore the colonial streets of Antigua
Gawk at jungle creatures from the temples at Tikal
Maybe swim with sharks around Caye Caulker
Become a part of local life at a lakeside homestay
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2019 - 31 December 2019
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. To save you money and the hassle of booking multiple trips, this journey is a combination of some of our most popular adventures. Your leader and the composition of your group may change with the start of each adventure.
4. Please be careful when booking flights to/from Antigua; make sure you fly into/out of Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do NOT book flights to/from Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
5. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
2019 CHANGES: From 1 January 2019 this trip will change duration from 25 days to 23 days. These changes come as a result of our traveller’s feedback that they prefer a shorter trip. There are no changes to the ‘Guatemala to Mexico’ (QVSB) sub trip, however with the 'Mexico & Guatemala Highlights' (QVSJ) sub trip we have removed 1 night in San Cristobal de las Casas and 1 night in Totonicapan. 2019 departures are not guaranteed for this reason as yet.
Our Maya Adventure trips score an average of 4.5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews in the last year.
I have written a long report on my leaving Guatemala but when I go to submit the form I find that Intrepid has dumped all of my report Am I supposed to keep writing and is Intrepid supposed to keep dumping it?
Review submitted 14 Feb 2017
Really feel that I get to know the places I visit. It is wonderful to see new places, peoples and cultures, and as an added bonus get to meet a new group of people and make new friends.
Review submitted 10 Feb 2017