Unfortunately this tour isn’t available for sale in your country or region.
Travel to Cuba and experience the enthralling history of this fascinating Caribbean island.
Experience the splendor of Cuba – a cobblestoned Caribbean gem where the rum is plentiful, the smiles infectious and dancing is essential. Join our 9-day Hola Cuba adventure and wind your way from sultry Havana and its crumbling churches, through the valleys and farms of Pinar del Rio, and on to the Afro-inspired beats of Trinidad. Along the way we’ve assembled a cast of Cuban characters to give you a proper welcome: tobacco farmers, expert chefs, local artists, historians and salsa dancers that understand where Cuba came from, where the country sits now and, more importantly, where it’s going.
Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife - evocative Havana is like nowhere else on Earth. See the difference between city and coastal life on a guided walking tour of the old capital
Life in Cuba's countryside evokes a bygone time. Stroll along rural dirt roads and watch as tractors, vintage cars and horse-drawn carriages roll by
There's a lot more to the life of Che Guevara than what you'll learn from watching 'The Motorcycle Diaries'. Pay your respects to the famous revolutionary during an included visit to his mausoleum
Try your hand at traditional dance moves with an informal salsa lesson
The guesthouses (Casas) we use are much nicer than your average Cuban dwelling but keep in mind that each and every room is unique. Regardless of where you stay, power cuts and breaks in hot water are sometimes unavoidable, as in any developing country.
Funds can be difficult to access in Cuba. Ideally bring multiple credit cards from several different banks just to be sure (from non-US affiliated banks).
Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even toilet seats, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
Cuba is different, and that's a big part of its allure. Things don't always go according to plan, and many things don't work the same way as back home. Patience and good humour will go a long way in this beautiful destination.
Due to licensing restrictions, only one night pre-tour accommodation may be requested. Post-tour accommodation cannot be offered.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hola Cuba - People to People for US citizens trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available for purchase on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Our licensing agreement allows one night of pre-tour accommodation to be booked (subject to availability) only when airline scheduling impedes your ability to arrive in time for the welcome meeting on Day 1. Post-tour accommodation cannot be offered under our license.
4. A complimentary airport arrival and departure transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
5. The airport arrival transfer driver will know the address of your assigned guesthouse. If you have not booked the transfer prior to departure, or will not utilise it due to independent plans, please ensure you ask your booking agent inside 7 days of departure for your confirmed guesthouse name and address.
6. Guesthouse and rooming allocations are finalised inside a week from departure based on the configuration of each travelling party. Please advise bedding configuration requests to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
7. Intrepid US, Inc. (""Intrepid US"") is authorized to provide those who register as participants in our programs to visit Cuba legally for educational people-to-people interactions. Our ""Cuban Adventures"" program provides a full-time schedule of people-to-people educational exchange activities designed to result in meaningful interactions between our travelers and individuals in Cuba. United States law requires that all participants in our programs adhere to the full-time schedule of people-to-people activities. Due to the nature of the program, United States law requires adherence to a special set of guidelines for travel on these unique programs. Please read the guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions carefully in the ""Essential Trip Information"" Document, and call our special Cuba connection line at 1 800 970 7299 or visit www.intrepidtravel.com if you have questions.
8. As per the OFAC law, each group will be accompanied by a representative (Chaperone) from Intrepid Travel. Their role is not that of a tour leader but to simply ensure we are fulfilling our legal requirement by retaining records demonstrating a full-time schedule of authorized activities is undertaken by all travellers. ""For travel conducted under the auspices of an organization, an agent of the sponsoring organization must accompany each group traveling to Cuba to ensure that each traveller has a full-time schedule of educational exchange activities.""
9. A visa or tourist card, organised prior to arrival, is required for all nationalities visiting Cuba.
10. The Cuban government has declared that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers. Proof of insurance may be requested at Havana Airport by immigration officials.
11. There are unprecedented changes happening in Cuba right now. It is an exciting time but it also means some patience and understanding is required for the heightened demand of infrastructure, accommodation and services. To help set your expectations correctly, please read the ‘Is this trip right for you?’ and ‘Joining point description’ sections in the Essential Trip Information Document.
12. Hurricane season in this region is June to November, when landslides, mudslides, flooding and disruptions to essential services can occur. Intrepid monitors any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to these natural weather occurrences.
Our Hola Cuba - People to People for US citizens trips score an average of 4.79 out of 5 based on 238 reviews in the last year.
Before we went to Cuba friends asked us why we wanted to go. After going to Cuba we are now asking them why they haven't gone. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip, not as a remarkably restful vacation, but as a learning and growth experience.
Review submitted 22 Apr 2018
Intepid ran a very well organized trip, the tour guide was excellent, the bus very comfortable, and the driver was excellent. Cuba is a very interesting destination, especially for Americans.
Review submitted 19 Apr 2018