An adventure that puts the AZ in amazing
From sundrenched desert to red rock sculptures, there’s nowhere else on earth like Arizona. This 6-day walking adventure takes in the best of Northern Arizona on foot, exploring Sedona and Grand Canyon National Park with two expert guides. Venture among the sandstone formations of Sedona, passing iconic sites like Courthouse Butte and Bell Rock while learning the native and indigenous history of the region. Find out why the Grand Canyon is considered one of the natural wonders of the world during a series of hikes along its Southern Rim that reveal the best views the landscape has to offer.
Explore the red-hued landscapes of Arizona’s Sedona region on foot, discovering a world of unusual sandstone formations, including Courthouse Butte and Bell Rock.
Come face to face with one of the wonders of the world – the Grand Canyon. Hiking through the South Rim of this awe-inspiring landscape will reward you with views to rival all others.
With many meals included during your adventure, you’ll sample the best of Southwestern cuisine, from tasty lunches prepared on site to scenic restaurants overlooking the Grand Canyon.
Two experienced leaders will be guiding your adventure, meaning you’ll have access to trails reserved for those in the know, and the group can split based on interests and hike difficulty.
Add a deeper layer to your discoveries during visits to the Yavapai Geology Museum and the Trail of Time, exploring hundreds of millions of years of geologic history.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On our final day we will reach Flagstaff between 5 pm and 6 pm. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
There is some driving included in this trip, up to 3 hours.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking in Sedona and the Grand Canyon trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5pm on Day 1 in Flagstaff. Please see Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
6. You are expected to arrive back into Flagstaff around 5pm and dropped off at the same location as the joining point.
There is no accommodation included on the last day in Flagstaff , however we can request any additional nights should you need them.
7. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. Please note on some days the group will split and hike in two smaller sub-groups, each with one, experienced and fully qualified guide.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information