Trek the historic Mail Trail connecting Escalante and Boulder through some of Utah’s most incredible landscapes. Over five days, make your way through the valleys of the Grand Staircase — Escalante National Monument, following rivers, walking through high-altitude forests and camping under rock faces and by natural springs. Explore the rock formations carved into the stone over centuries and marvel in the kaleidoscopic colours of the sandstone that makes this area so spectacular.
Dates and availability
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. A pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM on the day before trip starts in St. George, Utah. Your guide will be in contact approximately 2 weeks before your trip starts to specify the orientation location. Early on the morning of day 1 your guide will pick you up at your hotel for transport to the trailhead. This trip concludes at approximately 7:00 PM on the last day.
7. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.