Embrace laid-back island life from handlebar height
Combine cycling, stunning coastline, relaxed island life and the best that western Washington has to offer. Ride quiet roads from delightful fishing villages to the pristine waters separating the USA from Canada. With great weather and scenery and marine wildlife second to none, the San Juan Islands are a cyclist's paradise. Off the bike you’ll find fascinating history, friendly locals and amazing cuisine – this cycling adventure takes in the best of it all at a pace everyone can enjoy. If you're looking for an unforgettable cycling vacation away from the stresses of everyday life, then this is it.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Ride a loop of San Juan Island, pausing at Lime Kiln Point, one of the best places in the world to spot passing orca pods.
Enjoy local produce at its finest – from locally crafted wines to seafood pulled directly from the pristine waters – with a local leader’s expert insight to guide you to the best spots.
Conquer the 2400 foot Mt Constitution – by bike or our support van – and be rewarded with endless seascape and distant mountain views from the summit.
Escape busy roads and drift alongside quiet coves, whitewashed lighthouses, green farmland and purple-hued lavender farms, a world away from everyday life.
Enjoy a multitude of options off the bike in this marine paradise, from whale spotting cruises to sea kayaking.
Cycle in the company of an experienced cycling guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the stunning terrain of the San Juan Islands is occasionally hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip. We will always have a support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path, there are no technical cycling skills required. But given the occasional hills involved, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trip begins.
The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hyrid-style'. If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) or a road bike on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Washington's San Juan Islands trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 3pm on Day 1 in Anacortes.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) or a road bike on this trip - this must be requested at the time of booking.
5. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
6. For groups of 6 or less clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
7. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at time of booking.
8. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
9. WHALE WATCHING - This activity is very popular and MUST be pre-booked by the client prior to travel. It is extremely difficult to organize at short notice.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information