Experience classic Peru touring South America's ancient Inca sites
Visit South America and travel to Peru on an adventure from mountains to jungle, and seasides to great plains. Visit Peru's incredible natural and historical highlights on this awesome adventure. Retrace the steps of the Incas to Machu Picchu, admire colonial cities, explore vibrant markets, and meet the locals in this South American country with a difference. Return home with incredible memories of the panoramas and people of Peru.
Discover the breadth of Peru's diverse heritage, from the gorgeous Spanish colonial architecture of Lima to the Aymara and Quechuan Indian cultures of Puno
Marvel at the mother of all Inca cities, magical Machu Picchu. Enjoy a guided tour of the ruins and free time to explore on your own
Enjoy plenty of time in gorgeous Cusco, the perfect place to launch into further outdoor adventures, or simply relax and take in mountain views
The floating reed islands of Uros on Lake Titicaca are astounding in concept, construction, and history. Take a boat tour on the world's highest navigable lake and stay with a local family there
This trip visits places that are at high altitude, and as a result some people can suffer from altitude sickness, regardless of age or physical health. Please see the ‘Health’ section of the Essential Trip information (ETI) for more important information on this.
The facilities are basic at your homestay on Lake Titicaca. While creature comforts are few and far between while you're there, many travellers find the experience a rich and rewarding one.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Peru trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for train tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
2. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 2 pm on Day 1 in Lima . This trip ends on Day 09 and you are free to leave at any time.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 07 (Lake Titicaca) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Mask wearing is mandatory in Peru during Covid period as part of the local regulation. Travelers will be required to wear masks in situations where they are unable to physically distance themselves from other group members, whether hiking, in public gathering areas such as campsites or when visiting local communities or on public transports.
5. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters / 9200 feet where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please consult your doctor for professional advice about travelling at high altitude if you have a health condition.
6. Please ensure you have a day pack or small overnight bag in addition to your main luggage. This will be needed for the Homestay at Lake Titicaca and the night in Aguas Calientes, as you will be leaving your main luggage back at the hotels in Puno and Cusco respectively.
7. This trip includes one visit to Machu Picchu. According to Machu Picchu visiting regulations, all visitors must follow a pre-determined route within the site. This route must be followed in one direction only, and once the guided visit commences exiting and re-entering the site is not permitted. Once the guided visit concludes, visitors must exit the site and personal exploration of Machu Picchu is not permitted. Please refer to the itinerary for details.
8. Starting from 23rd Jan, the Peruvian government has enforced new regulations around movements in the country and access to public indoor venues by requiring anybody over 40 to show evidence of a booster shot. This includes catching domestic flights, trains, and going to restaurants, museums, banks, shops etc. We strongly advise you to book and complete your booster dose if you haven’t got it before your trip so that this new regulation won’t impact your experience and enjoyment in travelling in Peru.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information