Explore the Southwestern Yellowstone backcountry minus the crowds
Hike the famous Bechler River Valley Traverse in Southwestern Yellowstone National Park and experience the hallmark features of Yellowstone in the backcountry, away from the crowds. See stunning geysers, serene rivers and streams, crystal-clear lakes, hot springs (yes, you can soak in them), tumbling waterfalls, wild berries, world-class trout waters, and the vast river meadows of Yellowstone with an expert leader who knows all the best spots. Multiple geysers with bubbling pools and frothing potholes add yet more reasons to visit. Sleep under the stars on a backpacking small group Intrepid adventure.
Experience the hallmark features of Yellowstone in the backcountry, away from the crowds, with an expert leader to show you all the best spots.
Hike the lower part of Bechler Canyon which is flanked on the south by berry-laden boulder fields, a popular foraging ground for black bears and hikers alike.
Marvel at multiple geysers with bubbling pools, frothing potholes, and mounds spewing fountain-like streams into the air at the spectacular Shoshone Geyser Basin.
Bring your bathing suit and sit back and relax for free with Mr Bubbles, a series of natural hot springs with a quirky name and blissfully soothing waters.
See beautiful Iris Falls and Colonnade Falls, a two-part waterfall that is the highest on the hike and an easy 5 minute walk from our camp.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On this tour you will be required to carry a backpack weighting approximately 35-45 lb (15-20KG).
Yellowstone boasts warm summers but be prepared for colder evenings and possibly rainy days. Good clothing and appropriate footwear are a must.
On our final day there is no accommodation included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking and Camping Yellowstone's Bechler River Traverse trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Early on the morning of day 1, you will be picked up from Mountain Modern Inn, in Jackson. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information