Hike three of Utah’s most celebrated national park destinations
See the best of Zion, Bryce and Escalante, Utah’s most celebrated national park destinations, on a small group hiking and backcountry camping tour. Daily hikes take you to the must-see highlights of these breathtaking parks as you experience spring-fed creeks, deep canyons, colourful cliffs, and sandstone spires, arches, and towers. Spend two days at Zion National Park then head to Bryce Canyon National Park to explore its famous “hoodoos” (rock spires). You will also spend two days in Escalante, one of Utah’s – and America’s – best kept secrets. Enjoy comforts like showers and cosy sleeping amenities, even while camping, on this diverse backcountry hiking trip.
Have a wonderful outdoor experience while you enjoy comforts like showers and cosy sleeping amenities, even while camping.
Zion National Park is a natural playground for adventure lovers where you can explore highlights and hidden wonders like Scout Lookout and the Orderville Canyon.
Admire Boat Mesa, the Sinking Ship formation, Tower Bridge, China Wall, Fairyland Canyon and other amazing rock structures in Bryce Canyon National Park.
Experience the iconic Virgin River Narrows hike as you walk through moving water with your leader who will help you get your “stream legs” on your way to Orderville Canyon.
Take in the beauty of the serene Emerald Pools, named for their glorious green tones, then descend to the lawn of the historic Zion Lodge and enjoy a delicious picnic lunch.
This is a walking trip so a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
In the event of high water, the Virgin River Narrows hike will be rerouted to a different trail in Zion. The Park is full of unforgettable hiking and scenery, so it’s easy to find an excellent substitute.
On our final day we will reach St. George in the late afternoon or early evening. This night’s accommodation is not included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking and Camping in Utah trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
Operations for this trip originate in Utah so Utah sales tax is applicable. This tax is already included in the advertised trip price.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5.This trip is operated and run by Wildland Trekking, an Intrepid company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts at Best Western Coral Hills hotel in St George. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information